Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone pickup at Airport?

User Info Menu

Phone pickup at Airport?

Can you get phones at the Montego Bay airport? wondering if there is a Digicel or something available there..want to buy a cheap phone so we can call a driver for some off site excursions.
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Re: Phone pickup at Airport?

No place at the airport to pick up a cell phone. If you have a private driver, have him stop on the way to Negril and pick one up. Numerous places sell them. Mega Mart in Mo Bay comes to mind.
    If taking a tour bus, there are several outlets in Negril. Digicel and Lime both have outlets in "downtown" Negril. A taxi ride may be necessary, depending on where you're staying.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Many, if not all of the drivers in our Transportation section offer a free cellphone for your use while you are here... give them a check:

http://negril.com/transport/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

we are using the "resort" bus...maybe when they stop I can find something..
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Try www.negrilonestop.com it offers a site that's at the airport to rent phones.

User Info Menu

Wow. for one stop prices you could buy 3 phones with minutes. Like N8 said, There are Digicel and Lime outlets in most towns and you should be able to buy one with lots of local and intl. minutes for under 30$US. Or check out the drivers on Negril.com and get some prices and call from the hotel. They could take you to a store on the way to your excursion.you could keep it and take it with you or give it to your favourite Jamaican on leaving.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 68Stang View Post
    Can you get phones at the Montego Bay airport? wondering if there is a Digicel or something available there..want to buy a cheap phone so we can call a driver for some off site excursions.
    Call Linston when you get to Negril and he'll loan you a phone. Just use him for a few trips around town

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Personally, I like having my own phone so I can store contacts, use next time etc... The HiLo has cheap Lime phones for $26, then pay $1.50 for extra minutes and activation and I'm good for at least two weeks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Personally, I like having my own phone so I can store contacts, use next time etc... The HiLo has cheap Lime phones for $26, then pay $1.50 for extra minutes and activation and I'm good for at least two weeks.
    Depends on how often you go.

We (Linstons Taxi) have half a dozen loaner phones which we will pre program speed dials any numbers you want. Just bring your list

For a once or twice a year visitor it's not necessary to keep a sim active from year to year.

Plus it's free. Just buy minutes
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Depends on how often you go.

We (Linstons Taxi) have half a dozen loaner phones which we will pre program speed dials any numbers you want. Just bring your list

For a once or twice a year visitor it's not necessary to keep a sim active from year to year.

Plus it's free. Just buy minutes
    Oh for sure, I was speaking strictly for myself, which on second thought doesn't really contribute to the conversation.