Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Chicagoans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Chicagoans

https://ticketdriver.com/shrine/buy/tickets

Tarrus Riley!!!!! June 10th......The Shrine!!!!
    Bar b barn '10 Catcha '11 BCC '13 Moonlight 14' Xtabi 14' HSH 15' Catcha 15'

User Info Menu

Re: Chicagoans

Quote Originally Posted by SandT CHI View Post
    https://ticketdriver.com/shrine/buy/tickets

Tarrus Riley!!!!! June 10th......The Shrine!!!!

Tarrus Riley, June 8th at the Roxy Bar Kansas City. Located at 75th and Metcalf in Overland Park, Kansas. Tickets are $5 and only available at the Roxy Bar.

Also be on the look out for Kabaka Pyramid tour dates in the US to be announced.

User Info Menu

Does anyone from Chicago know anything about this venue? I live 60 miles south of Chicago and would love to go, but with all the recent violence in Chicago and not knowing the area, I am very hesitate. If has any information about this, I would appreciate it.

User Info Menu

You can check out the Yelp reviews for the Shrine club to get an idea of the place, the crowd, and the dress.:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-shrine-chicago?start=40

User Info Menu

South Loop. Not bad of an area. The violence in Chicago is not a recent thing however, unfortunately its a constant. Its a weekday which should help and I wouldn't expect a violent crowd at a reggae concert but you never know. Beres Hammond in August also!!! I got tickets for both, if you're hesitant about the Tarrus concert I'll be sure to let you know the deal.

User Info Menu

South Loop. Not bad of an area. The violence in Chicago is not a recent thing however, unfortunately its a constant. Its a weekday which should help and I wouldn't expect a violent crowd at a reggae concert but you never know. Beres Hammond in August also!!! I got tickets for both, if you're hesitant about the Tarrus concert I'll be sure to let you know the deal.

Just my 2 cents....I am not familiar with this venue,but Ive been to over 25+ Reggae/Dancehall concerts in Chicago over the last 25 years..Both North and South...Decent neighborhoods and rough neighborhoods.....reggae always draws a very peaceful crowd- I never saw or heard of any problems ever-I remember the old Union Hall venue on the south side(saw dancehall artist Red Rat) - I was the only dopey looking white guy from the suburbs and other patrons even commented thanks for coming out and supporting our music.... Just go and enjoy!

User Info Menu

SandT CHI, what venue is Beres performing?

User Info Menu

Aug 19, 2013
    www.theshrinechicago.com

Rate Event:
    Jamaica's legendary rocksteady reggae artist Beres Hammond performs at Chicago The Shrine nightclub as part of his One Love One Life tour. Concert presented by Harmony House Production and feature Harmony House DJs.

The Shrine
    2109 S. Wabash
    Chicago, IL
    United States

- See more at: http://www.unieros.com/chicago-multi....MxTMtW1F.dpuf

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by don+shelley View Post
    Aug 19, 2013
    www.theshrinechicago.com

Rate Event:
    Jamaica's legendary rocksteady reggae artist Beres Hammond performs at Chicago The Shrine nightclub as part of his One Love One Life tour. Concert presented by Harmony House Production and feature Harmony House DJs.

The Shrine
    2109 S. Wabash
    Chicago, IL
    United States

- See more at: http://www.unieros.com/chicago-multi....MxTMtW1F.dpuf
    Thank you!

User Info Menu

Tarrus was an amazing show. If anyone is interested in the Beres Hammond show I suggest spending a couple extra dollars and getting VIP. The main floor gets shoulder to shoulder and no place to sit before the show starts. We had no worries about the neighborhood at all. We valet parked the car which was only ten bucks so that was a convenient bonus.