Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all those on those being effected by Irene...

User Info Menu

nicely put rob. our prayers and best wishes go out to everyone in this stormy time of the year

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irieworld View Post
    thanks Rob! NYC is sorta freaking out right now since we usually don't get hit. I kid you not, no D batteries or flashlights left on shelves in the city. I have a flashlight and getting in food and supplies.. Hard to know how it will play out and the media isn't helping with all the worst case scenario reporting. The subways are all shutting down at noon tomorrow which is unprecedented. Since I have no car I just gotta get in supplies tonight and tomorrow morning. Hope North Carolina fares ok.
    The worst case scenario is what will get people to do what is needed to stay safe & secure. If the worst case doesn't happen, you'll be grateful. It might be a hassle, but it's best to be prepared. I've been through a few hurricanes and several tropical storms that had been hurricanes before they came over where I live - fortunately w/ no losses or damages. Back to back storms w/ howling 70 mph winds was no picnic. Don't let the quiet times between waves of rain & high winds fool you. Stay inside until Irene is gone.

I wish all of you in Irene's projected path will be safe when Irene moves on.

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob...Irene is making a bee-line dash straight for us on the Connecticut shoreline...we're hoping for the best and preparing for the worst...

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob & Lisa
    With apple harvest ready to start in a week and trees laiden with apples we are bumming bigtime.
    But we still will be wintering in Ja so we keep thinking those good vibes.Stay safe those of you on the coast.
    Farmer

User Info Menu

Thank you Rob.. We (North Western New Jersey & Eastern PA) came through pretty much unscathed - Some folks from our church had water in the basement - some lost power - we cancelled church this morning - but compared to what it could have been, we are blessed! There is still the danger of flooding as the rivers in our area have yet to crest.. Thanks to all for their prayers!
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!