Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone sharte their first CLIFF experience after years of BEACH stays?

User Info Menu

i'm an on the beach girl and i even want beachside only now

what would i miss if i stayed on the cliffs:

the vendors - yes sometimes that's the good the bad and the ugly - but most of the time it's good beach viewing
    walking - to almost anyplace to eat or drink - 7-miles of food and drink - without a car in sight - hey you can even stumble down the beach (don't ask)
    wata - nothing like waking up and seeing that water and walk right in - without thinking you're gonna dash into the rocks - lol
    food - everywhere
    drinks - everywhere
    entertainment - walk to it

now i do like the vibe on the cliff and usually go for dinner several nights - but i have a beach taxi take me up there - and come back and get me - 'cause it gets dark and quiet up there after awhile - IMHO - lol

and i think if i had a significant other - i'd probably go to Treasure Beach or Port Antonio - even more romantic than the cliffs - to me
    Last edited by Seveen; 08-27-2011 at 09:33 PM.

User Info Menu

Trust this my friends: anywhere is fine. I think I gots2a try the cliffs. Marko: never met ya but I know you got the info.

ShellyK: same deal.

I am thinking starting out of cliffs; weekdays wed-thur-fri, then beach. Thanks for your input.

Out of many: one people.

Out of beach/cliffs: one crazy ass time.

Seveen: we are on the same wavelength. 3 am? ha. Walk down the beach. It's 5 o'clock all night. (:

Jan 4-15. Woot.
    Last edited by brasi; 08-27-2011 at 10:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Enjoy your trip! I am a cliff lover, but I still love the beach. Don't think you will regret splitting your trip. There is just a different vibe pon da cliffs. Some like it, some, not as much...but, it is much more kicked back. Once you start staying on the cliffs, you are like family. Folks do take care of you and tend to watch out for you. Personally, I love it! Having my snorkel equipment is a real plus. Snorkeling the cliffs is off the hook! I still love to venture out with Vincent, but hanging out in the water is an awesome day to me.

Will be there from Dec 14th through the 6th of Jan...Hopefully, may see you on the cliffs or the beach. It is all good indeed!

User Info Menu

I have found I prefer the cliffs myself, espeacially when travelling solo, but I walk all day when I travel solo usually start in the morning walk down mid beach or farther, then start heading back making a lot of beer breaks all the way back. I have even gone as far as walking to Hedonism and back from Negril Escape now that was a full day!

User Info Menu

Yeah, and alot of beer stops I'm sure!!!! LOL.........What were you doing by yourself at Hedo,does the wife know? ....LOL!

User Info Menu

I've done Ricks to Point Village and I think Escape is even farther up then that. Yikes. I am cabbin those kind of runs this next trip.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

The first time we tried the cliffs we weren't sure if we would like it, so we booked a 3-night cliffs stay in the middle of our trip, so we could have beach at the beginning and the end. So you might consider doing that.

Also, our beach hotel was not full at the time, so we offered a token amount to keep our stuff in our room while we were on the cliffs, and they accepted. And we only packed a small bag for our cliffs stay.

User Info Menu

The wife and I always do a week on each and it works out great.They both have there + and -

User Info Menu

Love the cliffs myself. Sitting around all day on a beach doesn't really excite me. And I live in Florida so I have ready access to beautiful beaches. Although everything in Negril is oriented around tourism, I think the cliffs feel less touristy and there is more interesting regular life going on. Yes, the road is a bit dangerous to walk, but it's a much more interesting place to walk than the beach for me.

User Info Menu

Spent 14 years on the Beach, got divorced and thought I would try the Cliffs is 2006. I'm not going back to the beach. The vibe on the West End suits me quite well. Seastar Inn is an enchanting place, not on the water, but for me that is what I need. Peace and quiet, and if I want something louder, it is only a route taxi away....

IMHO, better food and atmosphere on the Cliffs, fewer higglers and much more laid back vacation for me...

Enjoy,

VVHT