Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monthly rental with AC?

User Info Menu

Monthly rental with AC?

Just thought I would put it out there just in case... Is there even a possibility of finding a monthly rental with AC for under $500 US?

I'm about to book a place with no a/c and before I finalize it I thought I would put it out there in case anyone knows of such a deal. It's for the summer. I did a summer there without it and MAN was it hot!

Oh, will also add needs to have kitchenette.

Thanks everyone!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Re: Monthly rental with AC?

A couple years ago someone stayed at Sommerset w/ A/C at a reasonable price, but did not have a kitchenette. Are you coming for one month or several months?

User Info Menu

You might try Walter and Lydia's place. I think it is called Negril Luxury villas. They have posted on the board and have quite reasonable rates. Both have kitchens! I have toured them last year and they truly are quite nice, clean and the kitchen is well equipped. Let me look and see if I can find their info.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

You could try Greenleaf Cabins, Top Beach Cabins, Tropical Fantasy, Point Village, Catcha Falling Star Gardens. I believe they all offer monthly rates.

User Info Menu

mi use to No A/C.......but most would need it......especially in the Summer......
    one of your best bets would be Summerset Village.....
    a boardie stayed there this Winter and he said it worked out to $18 bucks a day......
    and that was high season...so it should be within your budget......
    the neighborhood isn't bad either.......mi cottage use to be on Summerset Lane

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

With the sky high cost of electricity on the rock, I doubt an air conditioned room with kitchenette could be had for under $500 US/month. But good luck in your search, and have a great summer in JA!

User Info Menu

I found the post by Walter with the rates. Copied and will paste it. The website is negrilluxuryapartments.

Equal, walking distance to the beach and cliffs-please see a map and photos of the apartments. Fully equipped: AC, hot water, complete kitchen, WiFi.
    Summer rates [April to November]:
    $ 43 / day - 1 week,
    $ 37 / day - 2 weeks,
    $ 32 / day - 3 weeks,
    $ 26 / day - 4 weeks.
    Since we are still facing a few weeks of Winter [December to March], here it is :
    $ 57 / day - 1 week,
    $ 50 / day - 2 weeks,
    $ 43 / day - 3 weeks,
    $ 35 / day - 4 weeks,
    All taxes and fees included in the above rates, no daily charges for AC, or hot water, naturally.
    Peaceful, private, secure, stunning view of the Bay.

Last minute : one apartment avail. May, June, two : July, one Aug, two Sep and on.

User Info Menu

Hope that helps!! I got so carried away with pasting it, that I forgot to add that. Granted, it is not on the beach...off West End Road..but, the view is really gorgeous! You can see the Caribbean, the morass, etc. Good luck and enjoy!

User Info Menu

Summerset is where I have a tentative. Kitchen but no A/C. I will look into the other ones posted. Won't do Greenleaf again, and Catcha Gardens is above budget. But will check out the other 2 and the Negril Luxury ones.

Thanks everyone!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

Sponsor

User Info Menu

No to Greenleaf! Check out Christine Klein, she does realty for Jamaica. She has quite a few vacation rentals located in Negril posted on her FB page. I posted a link to one that might fit your needs. Hopefully it works.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...68696119949304