Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Weather and other questions...

User Info Menu

Weather and other questions...

Hi All,
    Heading to GP 6/21-6/29! I was wondering what to expect with the weather. This will be my first solo trip to Negril I'm looking forward to the beach. Last time I went to Negril was in 1985 I bet its changed a lot. This is my 50th birthday present from my husband. Wish he was coming, but he hates to travel. I would like to volunteer at the soup kitchen at St Anthony's does anyone know if you can do this still? One Love Pub Crawl is on my list (anyone have the number to call) and beach beach beach! Can't wait to get there put my toes in the sand have some red stripe!

User Info Menu

Re: Weather and other questions...

Have a glorious time Terrib! Weather in June is always wonderful- some hard rains sometimes in the afternoon- but perfect time to hide under a roof and have a stripe or three. Sunsets after those storms are so great! Sand fleas really kick my butt- especially in June and July.

My husband gave me the same for my birthday! Solo trip next month! Happy Birthday. GP is a great place. I love that little resort!

User Info Menu

I have 876-874-6631 for the bus crawl #.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Thank you for the # Todd! Obaygirl13 that's awesome hope you have a fantastic time! I'll post an update on my travels.

User Info Menu

Hi Terrib,
    I love giving advice to peeps who are going solo!!!! My favorite way to go to Negril, because... you are never alone
    Between other tourists you will meet, and chatting with the people who work in your resort, and of course the higglers,you will have a blast. If you like the ocean, bring a floatie,theres something about floating in the water that's very relaxing, plus they don't come out in the waterto try and sell you something
    If you enjoy listening to the reaggae music, i suggest Alfreds, not quite the hustle as the other clubs on the beach, say
    hi to the bartender Rudy, and ask for his ''special rum punch'' just beware!!!
    Walk up and down the beach early in the morning, the water is at its most pristine, and not so many people out, pure paradise
    I experienced this once this past trip, felt like i was walking the walk of shame, but i was just coming back from some boardie friends have a wonder ful time, and yes, the weather will be very hot, but the water is a few steps away!!!!