Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After cancelling my trip last minute >>> I HAVE A NEW COUNTDOWN!!!!

User Info Menu

After cancelling my trip last minute >>> I HAVE A NEW COUNTDOWN!!!!

Things have been really crazy for me lately. I was supposed to leave on my trip to Negril a few weeks ago and cancelled literally within hours of my flight. It was a really tough decision for me but my health went bad about 5 days before my trip. I've always been very healthy and am not used to having these type things happen but I guess I have to expect it as our bodies sometimes have conditions.

The doctors didnt know exactly what was wrong with me and there were many concerns as I had severe internal bleeding. After countless tests I was thought to have diverticulitis (sp?). They put my on 5 different drugs that I had to take all day. It ended up that I had a severe case of Salmonella. WOW! Not sure how I got that. Doctors said I wouldnt have made it through my vacation without ending up in the hospital and could have possibly died without treatment. Soooooooo at least I know I made the correct decision as hard as it was.

After three weeks of medical treatment I'm now almost back to 100%!

I've gotta tell you how great EVERYONE has been to work with me on rebooking my trip. Let me start with Delta. They actually acted like they cared about my health and trip cancellation. They told me to have my doctor write a note regarding my emergency medical condition and they would waive my $150 per ticket charge to rebook! That was so cool of them!!!! I contacted Donna (owner) at Kuyaba and explained it to her. I've been a regular guest of hers for years and she was nice enough to not charge me my 3 night deposit and credited towards my next trip.

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT.......lol. Sorry this got so wordy I AM REBOOKED FOR OCTOBER 11th AND WILL BE CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY IN JAMAICA!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! I even managed to get a steal on the airfare.....which was the same as my first booking >>>>> $230!!!!

Everything happens for a reason and I'm soooo excited to be getting back to normal and having another countdown to endure...lol. Thank you to everyone for all your kind words and support when I announced my cancellation. I felt that I owed many of my boardie friends an explanation.

I look forward to seeing everyone soon!!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Twister; 08-28-2011 at 01:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Wooohoooo....mr. T!!

User Info Menu

Awesome!
    I will be in Negril same time celebrating my birthday on October 13th
    When is yours?

User Info Menu

Great news!! Have a wonderful time and celebrate that birthday big time...and give thanks!! It's so nice to hear that the airlines and resort were so understanding. Gives us all hope that one love does truly exist.

So happy for you and you're right...it all worked out. The older I get, the more I think things happen for a reason. Sometimes, it takes a while..but, if patient, it works out. Be sure and let us know how the "big day" goes. Enjoy paradise!!

User Info Menu

Glad you did delay your trip, don't think you want to get sick there. Nice you are feeling better and it was not more serious. At least it was treatable. Makes you wonder how you got salmonella. enjoy your next trip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    Awesome!
    I will be in Negril same time celebrating my birthday on October 13th
    When is yours?
    Mine is the 18th. Sounds like we'll have some celebratin' to do! I hope to see you at a webcast! BTW....my family is from the Clearwater area & I live in St. Pete for a while.

User Info Menu

Yes! That's a plan. We leave on the 16th but I'm sure we will see you at a webcast and we will toast to our bdays then!
    So glad everything worked out for you!
    Awesome about the Clearwater/st. Pete connection!

User Info Menu

Good to hear things worked out for you Mr.Twister-Enjoy that trip to the max

User Info Menu

Great news! I was thinking about you latley, hoping you were better and able to gt back to Negril soon.

User Info Menu

So glad to hear everything worked out for you.Good call on cancelling the trip I know it was a hard call.You listened to your body!I'm sure you will make it up on your birthday trip.Woohoo !