Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Reviews only my opinion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Twister View Post
    I am curious......you say Just Natural has great food and service yet you give it only two stars.
    needing meat and beer = it wasnt my fav.. some would like it though

User Info Menu

we have done Chicken Lavish, we don't get that far down the cliffs that often another place down that way we have eaten is Choices, We have had good meals at both. We stay at Tensing Pen and both of those are a pretty good walk but we should make a point to get there more often. We really miss the old Serious Chicken and I see a new place has opened up in the place that used to be Rasta Pasta kind of across from Ricks and we hope to get to eat there.

I hear good things about Hungry Lion but they are not normally open when we are there at Thanksgiving, Another good place we ate is a small local place heading to the roundabout from Miss Sonia's, Cant remember the name but ate there one day for lunch when Sonia was closed. It might have been called the Spot. it was kinda a locals place and the brown stew was awesome.

Timm {Don't Tread On Me}

User Info Menu

I dont know if they are still around but we had Pizza delivered from Mr. Slice and I was surprised it was pretty good. It was funny also it was one of our early trips in the mid 90's and we have arrived late and needed something to eat and did not want to go out but just get settled in. we had not had a chance to exchange money and paid the driver in US. Funny part bot us and the driver figured the conversion wrong. we underpaid by a fair amount and once he got back the the restaurant i guess the owner figured it out and he had to come back and get the rest of the money. we paid and gave a extra tip for his gas the second time to the cliffs...
    Last edited by Living_the_Dream; 08-29-2011 at 05:41 PM.

User Info Menu

What's the relevance ???

I am just curious to the relevance to this post....
    Don't see the significance of restaurant review from 1-2years ago...
    I remember what the beach was like 2 years ago !!
    Hey, its changed......
    I remember that I had a great dinner and drinks at Alice's
    I can go on and on.......
    Have you been back recently????
    Just my opinion........

User Info Menu

All his info is fairly accurate.. Alice is the only one that's closed he mentioned, and it was open in February when I was there.

User Info Menu

iI rate sweet spice a bit higher though, but probably for more sentimental reasons.. my local friends all regard it very well too.

User Info Menu

Nergilbound, I was there last November. I posted because someone asked. If you have a problem please email me and we can discuss in private.
    Timm

Don't Tread on Me!
    The tree of Liberty needs to be refreshed from time to tim with the "Blood of Tyrants"

User Info Menu

Try Lingah By The sea...it's amazing, food it Fantastic! Big Up's to chef Orlando!

User Info Menu

Alices- closed
    Jennys- closed
    Sharks agree always good, love Juliet
    Have tried pretty much all the places mentioned
    Went lookin for pizza on our august trip my son was set on it , and after a wild goose (pizza) chase we found the best pizza I have had on the island.Name:  IMG_0249.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  94.6 KBSunrise club, it was quick and really good.

User Info Menu

All this is just his opinion and he is entitled to it. While I agree on some and disagree on others its not my experience, it's his as he is writing about.

We've all had good and bad in all sorts of places. Sometimes its a matter of timing that makes the difference as was what I took from my inquiry about Just Natural. The problem was that made it two star was no breeze? While I havent experienced that and have even been in the hot August, it may have been that way to him.

Not condoning or condeming these reviews in anyway. Its always nice to read others inputs, experiences and perceptions.

If you dont like his reviews, please write some of your experiences. Thats what this board is all about ;-)