Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: around & about Port Antonio

User Info Menu

“It’s not finished as yet. A little more work to complete it.”

The 3-bedroom home is beautifully furnished. I just wanted to lie across the bed in the guest room and sleep until morning because it look soooo comfortable. The only thing I could see that still needed to be done is an unpainted wall or two. I love how the floor-length white lace curtains wave easily from the breeze blowing through all the many open windows.

He couldn’t find the photo of his daughter, but presented one of his granddaughter who had graduated from high school last year. How proud he is of her. He walked us through the rest of his lovely home proudly pointing out furnishings he made with his own hands.

“Would you like a cool drink?”

We both said “no thank you.” As we felt like this unexpected visit was enough of an imposition.

User Info Menu

Name:  doorway.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  58.1 KB

As we exit the corridor leading back out to the verandah it was like I was seeing the outside for the first time. The landscape seemed to have expanded since I arrived. The different shades of green seem to go on forever and the mountains gave birth to more flowers adorned in bright playful colors. I became speechless with awe at that view. Trust me, these photos don't even come close to the beauty I gazed upon that day.

Name:  ls1.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  ls2.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  97.1 KB

Name:  ls3.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  100.8 KB

Name:  ls4.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  ls5.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  99.5 KB

User Info Menu

I turn to him…

”ohmygoodness, this is what you see every day!”
    “Yes, me and Mrs. are blessed.”

Reading about the history of Nanny, the Maroons, the Colonel and Moore Town is what prodded my interest to visit this part of Jamaica. Seeing what I saw and meeting who I met today infused my heart with the sure desire to stay.

We’ve taken up enough of our host’s time so we gave thanks for the hospitality and bid our goodbyes.

I take one more look upon the vastness from the arched opening enclosing the verandah before turning to head down the 4 concrete steps leading to the yard.

Name:  openview.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  78.6 KB

“You like it here?”
    “No, sir. I want to live here.”

His smiles lets me know he understands.

“When you return to Jamaica, come back to visit again. I want you to meet my wife. She will be happy to talk to you.”
    “I promise, I’ll be back.”

The walk to the car was slow as I try to take in as much of the natural beauty that flourishes in Moore Town Jamaica.

God willing…I’ll be back…
    Last edited by *vi*; 09-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Live in the moment, Vi….Remember, babydoll, live in the moment….Now, don’t forget to live in the moment..

“Live in the Moment.”

I wrote those words at the top of each page of my journal. That line along with the journal was a gift from my sistafriend, Sammy. Prior to this visit, she would remind me almost daily to not hold back from enjoying “me” in Jamaica. You see, sometimes I talk myself out of new ventures…avoid taking chances because I wallow in the “what if’s” too long instead of just doing it.

Complying with her gentle orders motivated me to step out of my comfort zone and follow my heart to explore without over analyzing and then creating an imaginary devastating outcome. Yep, I did the dyam thing every chance I got!!!!

So THANK YOU, my dear sistafriend…this shot is for you.

Name:  purpleflower.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  69.5 KB

p.s....Port Antonio misses you, sweets...

User Info Menu

Shortly after leaving Moore Town we stopped to buy a red stripe and take more pictures.

Soon this interesting character comes along offering to educate us on the surrounding vegetation which O’Neil already educated me on. But he said I could take his picture if I bought him a red stripe.

Okay…I get him a stripe, plus threw in 100J for the video…lol

Name:  road man1.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  99.5 KB

User Info Menu

shame me darlin.
    Name:  shame me.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  herb1.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  96.0 KB

Name:  herb2.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  94.6 KB

Name:  herb3.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  100.5 KB

Name:  road man2.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  98.9 KB

User Info Menu

This is a wonderful look at PA as well as a very moving story. I remain intriged by all that PA has to offer. I am trying to figure out if I could fit in a week there in April. Thank you again for this motivating trip report.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks vi.... a lovely flower photo and you did just as your sistafriend said.....'Live in the Moment'...

We benefiting...by being on the receiving end of your wonderful commentary and photos!

Cheers to you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    This is a wonderful look at PA as well as a very moving story. I remain intriged by all that PA has to offer. I am trying to figure out if I could fit in a week there in April. Thank you again for this motivating trip report.
    Again, thank you for your kind words and hanging in for the ride. I hope you can get to spend some time in PA and enjoy her splendor as much as I did. I see from your count down that you have a reach coming up. Even though your destination in not Port Antonio, I'm sure you are still very excited about returning to Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    Thanks vi.... a lovely flower photo and you did just as your sistafriend said.....'Live in the Moment'...

We benefiting...by being on the receiving end of your wonderful commentary and photos!

Cheers to you!
    Sprat, Yes, I did just that. Live in the moments and looking forward to doing even more on my next visit. I'm so glad you are enjoying the postings as well. I tell you, Sprat, you have a grand treat ahead of you and we have a greater treat seeing your pictures when you return.