Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: around & about Port Antonio

User Info Menu

Name:  rainf1.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  60.2 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  rainf2.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  57.7 KB

The sun was up before me this particular morning; however there was no promise of it sticking around the entire day. I didn’t appreciate feeling the “need” or “urgency” to get up because that would only mean one thing…my time is winding down.

I walked across the cool tiled floor to the mini frig where my mood-lifter was stored. The taste of cool, sweet pineapple chunks always make me smile. It took sucking the life out of 8 sweet, juicy chunks before I began feeling motivated to enjoy another day in Port Antonio without giving a dyam about the date.

The sunshine and the rain share the Portland sky. That means it rains as much as it doesn’t. Thus the abundance of thriving colorful vegetation sprouting from the pores of the ground and the need to always have an umbrella handy.

Name:  rainf3.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  83.2 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Name:  rainf1.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  60.2 KB
    Beautiful... so delicate..

User Info Menu

Thanks SPARKLE...are those colors amazing!!!

User Info Menu

I picked out something cute to wear. Cute and bright was a must. Each time I glanced out my window and saw the sun had not bailed, my color choice got brighter. The gage stopped at pink. I rarely wear pink. Enough about my wardrobe. Shower…dress…call for a ride.

“Good morning, Mr. O. This is Vi.”
    “Good morning, Vi.”
    “I was hoping to get to….um…I don’t remember the town name, but the Chill Out bar and restaurant is on that beach.”
    “Long Bay. Chill Out is in Long Bay.”
    “Okay, then I want to go to Long Bay. Are you booked this afternoon?”
    “No, I can take you, no problem. I gone to make a quick stop on the way.”
    “Well…why don’t you take care of your business then pick me up when you’re done?”
    “No, I come for you then make the stop on the way.”
    “Oh...okay. I’m ready you can come for me now.”
    “I’m on my way.”

User Info Menu

54 lonnnnng minutes passed before I get the call letting me know he’s outside. In the meantime, the clouds were ganging up on the sun. I felt like changing my clothes…navy blue feels mood-appropriate attire.

User Info Menu

Name:  tb.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  91.5 KB

I didn’t comment on his timing, it would only delay us more, besides the sun appears to be winning right now.

He reminds me of the “quick” stop “on the way”.

“Is it near water?”
    “Yes, it is.”

Name:  tbroad.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  96.0 KB

When we get to the main road, he makes a left instead of a right. Now I admit I’m directionally challenged, heck I would get lost following the yellow brick road, but I do know to get to Long Bay one would turn right.

“Weren’t you supposed to turn right?”
    “Yes, I tell you from morning I have to make a quick stop on the way.”

Name:  stand.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  100.2 KB

I just sit and ride because the new scenery is interesting.

User Info Menu

We finally get to the “quick stop”…

A GARAGE TO GET NEW BRAKES PUT ON HIS CAR!!!

Okay…now before I get out, tell me….when does going in the opposite direction of the initial destination considered “on the way”? AND when does having brakes put on a car considered a “quick stop”?

“Come Vi, it not take long.”

The clouds began to accumulate as soon as he spoke that line.

User Info Menu

ohhh my...........

I hope you were able to enjoy Long Bay this reach.........

ready for more and the photos especially those of the flowers are BEAUTIFUL

User Info Menu

Sammy...all I gotta say is get your tissues out because the pictures from Long Bay are gonna bring memory tears to your eyes.