Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: around & about Port Antonio

User Info Menu

Back to the snaps and snippets…..

My only plan for this particular afternoon was to replenish my pineapple chunk supply and get a big hot cup of soup for lunch.

Mr. O spots me walking into town. Told him I was in search of soup and pineapple. He said he will take me to get NICE chicken soup and SWEET SWEET pineapple. How could I refuse!?!?

I get in, buckle up and prepare my buds for that aromatic fruit.

Two minutes into the drive he announces he’ll be making a quick stop on the way. Something is wrong with the windshield wiper(s) and he needs to get it checked. Oh yeah, you do need those in PA…but I’m HUNGRY!

Before I could say anything, he added “It nuh tek long.”

So I sit back and enjoy the ride through the neighborhood.

User Info Menu

-wipers on must!!lol-More on the trip report
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

the rain started....of course!

Name:  wdshd6.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  wdshd1.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  95.7 KB

Name:  wdshd3.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  wdshd4.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  96.1 KB

Name:  wdshd5.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  93.0 KB

User Info Menu

Seems like a quiet likkle place to stay and live-no hassling-just plain ole beauty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Seems like a quiet likkle place to stay and live-no hassling-just plain ole beauty
    ....yes....even in the hood. I was there for 11 days and not hassled once and as you can see, I was all ova de place!!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pictures - Yes, Major Room improvements since I was there! It was at least two years ago that we stayed there - Spent lots of time in PA, but I am usually up in the hills -

Here is what the room looked like then:

Name:  Timbam.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  23.7 KB

User Info Menu

oh...okay.....yes it appears there was some renovation going on. I looked in quite a few rooms and I saw nothing that looked like that.

User Info Menu

Name:  wdshd7.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  89.1 KB

We reach the windshield wiper dude who immediately dismantles the wipers. Say’s the problem is with the motor. Something like that. I sit and watch from inside.

The sky is getting darker and darker. All of a sudden, the rain comes crashing down. The two men lower the hood then run for cover. I am forced to roll up the windows and sit in that airless car until after the shower.

User Info Menu

As the temperature rose inside, it began to get unbearably hot and stuffy. I watched with envy as the two of them sat on the covered verandah and chatted oblivious of the cool rain air that was blowing freely all around them. Sweat was pouring from me like a broken faucet. I could not even lower the window a half inch due to the heavy rain and strong wind.

Fortunately I had a water bottle in my small collapsible cooler that still had a few pieces of ice floating in it. I used a napkin to collect the cold drops of water that collected on the outside of the bottle then wiped my forehead. This refreshing wetness retrieved me from the verge of suffocating and passing out.

User Info Menu

Through the haze of the down pour, Mr. O saw me wipe my face and tilt my head back on the rest. By the way he leaped out in the rain and sprinted across the street, I guess he thought I was a goner.

A strong, flow of wind circulated the car when he swung the door opened. It felt wonderful. I smiled when the cool drops sprinkled my legs…arms….face…lips…

With serious concern, he stared at my wet skin and weary eyes and asked…”Vi…Vi….are you alright?

I wiped my face again. Looked at him and with a smile I said.

“Yes of course, I’m fine…I’m in Jamaica.