Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: around & about Port Antonio

Sponsor

User Info Menu

VI...thanks for the wonderful pics We are renting a car in November ( first time ) and heading to Duncan's Bay...Port Antonio and then back to Runaway Bay and then Negril.

We are so excited about PA for our first trip....and your photos certainly give us a good feel for the area.

Thanks for sharing

Jackie

User Info Menu

Hi Jackie, I can't say this with enough enthusiasm, but you and your amazing photo skills are going to love Port Antonio.

Please stay with me, I've got some mountain and country side pictures that will mjake your eyes smile and have you wanting November to hurry up and get here.

I've got to get back to Runaway Bay...

User Info Menu

Name:  4marina 11.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  levn mari.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  leaving marina.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  96.7 KB

User Info Menu

Simple lovely, love the pier. More please.

User Info Menu

....coming right up Sammy!!!

User Info Menu

One of my favorite photos of this reach...

Name:  guy on bike.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  89.8 KB

After leaving the Marina, heading towards the room, I noticed these cool bamboo benches that lined the elevated sidewalk overlooking the water. Okay…the one under that tree looked desirable so I go up to check it out.

By the time I get up there, some guy claims it for his mid morning nap. Another close by is occupied by a young woman. I ask permission to share the seat she smiles and nods.

The view of the calm waters motivated me to take pen in hand and write. The two little boys concentrating on hooking a line to fish did little to distract the thoughts I transferred from my mind onto the blank pages.

The young lady sat motionless at the other end of the bench. That was more distracting than the traffic noise behind and the boys fighting with the hooks and fishing lines in front of me.

To make sure she was okay I asked her a question....

User Info Menu

Name:  town1.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  view.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  99.0 KB

Two hours later the child is still talking!!!! I had not written a word in the journal and my listen meter was timing down.

LOL she was a delightful young lady of 22 whose passion is cooking. In fact, 90% of the conversation was about that.

Her breezy personality provided the spice to make visualizing the preparation of each recipe interesting and fun. She explained how to prepare, from start of finish mind you, mannish water, ackee & saltfish, jerk chicken, curry goat, escoveitch fish, rice & peas w/coconut milk, festival…I’m sure I forgot 2 or 3 dishes but you get the picture. She prides herself on using her own special blend of seasonings and techniques.

I was impressed with not only her apparent culinary skills but her love of the art taught to her by her grandmother.

Obviously by this time, I’ve got a football player’s size appetite and she looks like she could stay in that Paula Deen mode for another two hours. I’ve got to end this now….

“I hope I’m not holding you up from something.”
    “No, mam’, waiting for my boyfriend. But I can’t call him because me credit finish. So I wait for him to call me.”
    “Well hunnybunn...lets go get you some credit!”

Name:  town2.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  94.0 KB

User Info Menu

We strolled down the hill, across the street and into a grocery store to buy a 500J digicel credit voucher. I know there’s a way I can share credit from my phone, but I didn’t want to get into that practice with anyone sooooo I came out of pocket for her.

She was very grateful and so were my ears….and eventually me belly.

Name:  fruit.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  88.1 KB

User Info Menu

Oh, those Jamaican apples! That is my favorite fruit EVER!
    You mentioned earlier you had or were going to start a blog...do you have it up?
    Very nice of you to give the girl some digi credits.

User Info Menu

ok...I'm missing the beach right about now so.......

it's Winnefred Beach time!!!!!!

Name:  1 beach sign.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  95.3 KB

Name:  5 beach stand.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  2 beach food.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  99.7 KB

Name:  3 beach boat.jpg
Views: 519