Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: around & about Port Antonio

User Info Menu

you killing me..........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeannieb View Post
    Oh, those Jamaican apples! That is my favorite fruit EVER!
    You mentioned earlier you had or were going to start a blog...do you have it up?
    Very nice of you to give the girl some digi credits.
    Those apples were DEE-LISSHUS!!! I had more than my share of sweet, sweet pineapple also. That's the fruit I miss the most...my pineapple cut up in a baggie.

The blog is almost ready to post...I'm still working on the introductory narrative. My problem is I tend to be overly wordy. But it soon come and I'll send you the tag immediately!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    you killing me..........
    darlin....your pain has only just begun.....sorry....lol

User Info Menu

Name:  5 beach stand.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  99.9 KB

User Info Menu

June Plum

Name:  6 beach june plum.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  87.4 KB

Sweet, Sweet Almond

Name:  almond 1.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  101.0 KB

Name:  almond 2.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  85.3 KB

User Info Menu

Cynthia’s Restaurant.

Name:  cynthias 1.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  100.9 KB

This is where hungry me had a fantastic lunch of steamed fish, vegetables, callaloo, and festival. I enjoyed everything.

Name:  cynthias meal.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  85.2 KB

User Info Menu

This is where hundred of hungry mosquitoes had their fantastic lunch of my legs.

Name:  cynthias lime.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  84.0 KB

I could not believe that out of the 12 days in Jamaica this was the only time and place I got bit…no attacked would be a better description. It was like they landed on me, said grace then bit at the same time! It was crazy sudden pain.

The chef came with a repellent that worked with getting them off and keeping them away. However, my legs were flaming with pain and itching like mad.

I remembered what would take away the itch.

“Lime…lime…do you have any lime?”

He came running with a half lime. I saw the juice drip on my thigh before the fruit touched my legs so he’s using a juicy one…wonderful. The itching stopped almost instantly once the lime was rubbed on my legs. I gave thanks and praise for lime that afternoon and the hands that did the rubbing.

Chef said “Dem scent fresh blood.”

Huh??? All I know is that ‘ish hurt.

User Info Menu

Name:  toes.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  oce 1.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  oce 2.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  otis 1.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  98.4 KB

Name:  splash 1.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  splash 2.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  94.0 KB

User Info Menu

I so enjoyed this thread

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Ohhhhh Vi, what a wonderful story about the young upcoming chef. She sounded like a delightful soul, filled with enthusiasm for cooking...I so love to see that at a young age. It was touching that you took her and got some credit for her phone....it only takes one kind gesture like that to help out.

I am so glad that I stopped over to catch this fabulous thread. I haven't enjoyed a trip report as much as this for some time. Thanks for your nice comments about my photography...as you realize, I am so excited to see what I can capture. Your photos are wonderful and you are a talented photographer in your own right...and also a great story teller. I have enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing...