Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: around & about Port Antonio

User Info Menu

Your photos are beautiful! Really enjoying. Thank you so much for sharing your experience/adventure. You've definitely inspired me to go to PA.

User Info Menu

Got me hooked!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Yes Vi.like they say "once you go you know" .and that means to me without a doubt PA and surrounding area..Went for the first time last July(just missed the jerk festival-lucky you) and this is after going to the west side of island for too many years..It is so worth the extra expense to get over there.Compared to Negril-well there is NO comparison (and yes, I have a certain fondness for Negril) It's one of the most beautiful places I've been to in the world...and the people, the nightlife,the food, the vibe...Ahhh
    I so want to go when am there in Nov...

Ms Sprat..I can't wait to see the photos you are going being posting...and Ms Jennie B look forward to your trip report-and all you first timers there as well as old timers...Bring it all on !!!!!
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and peeked in.

Hi there Nick. So glad you are tagging along and enjoying the post.

Sprat!!! You are such a sweetheart!!! Thank you so much for the complement. I can’t wait to see the beauty of Port Antonio you capture through eyes and lens. Please out do my total shots which will be easy because that land is full of photo moments. I tried to find my young iron chef friend the next two days, but didn’t. As I was leaving Portland, I regretted not getting her contact information. I’m hoping our paths will cross on my next visit. I remember she was starting a new job the following week. She wasn’t crazy about it, but expressed gratitude for finding employment. Yeah, I hope I to see her again.

Greetings Maryann! Nice you are enjoying the pictures as well. Please do give Portland a chance to amaze you as she has done to me. I cant’ stop thinking of how much more deeper my appreciation for Jamaica and the culture has gotten since that last visit. Not to mention the respect for the people. I’m going to start a separate post that will highlight the famous attractions in Port Antonio. Please stick around for that as it will have you wanting to be there that day.

Oh Vince…hello there sir. been a while since we had the pleasure of on of your masterpiece trip reports. I hope you delight us with one soon.

Hi there Suzengrace. You are so right about Portland being worth the expense to get there. I met a couple who took route taxis from Negril and it costing them only $25 for the two of them. I would give it a try myself if I didn’t have so much luggage. But what people should know is that the accommodates is where the savings of getting there comes in. You can find a great place to stay for as little as $40 a night. I hope you get there in November as I can tell you are in love with that place as much as I am. So hard to stay away, ain’t it.

User Info Menu

The weekend went by too fast.

I'm glad I have more Port Antonio thoughts and pictures to share or coming to work today would NOT be fun.

Let me get started...so much more to share and rememeber and long for....

User Info Menu

Winnifred Beach Part Deux

These shots are of my second visit to the beach. I love all the beaches I’ve visited in Portland so far for different reason. They all have their own unique vibe and beauty.

Winnifed is spacious and sprinkled with interesting natural décor. There are many cook and beverage stands that serve up their own flavor and variety of foods. This place explodes with activity on the weekends and holidays.

There was a nice amount of beachers this day. I met a couple of little ones who are enjoying their last weekday outing before school starts. I felt for them, but then again what a wonderful thing to have the beach waiting for when class ends on Friday.

Name:  oce 1.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  oce 2.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  oce 4.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  94.7 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  cup.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  64.2 KB

Name:  lgseat.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  95.4 KB

Name:  cookstand.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  98.5 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  otis 1.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  98.4 KB

This is Otis and a shot of his place above. He owns a beverage spot on the beach. Great guy!

Name:  otis 2.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  96.9 KB

He has the coldest red stripes and the most comfortable beachchairs around. Please check him out when you visit the beach.

These chairs are a must have for my bunz when I'm there. The bottom slides in and out which converts it to a lounger.

Name:  chair.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  95.3 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  oce 3.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  79.2 KB

User Info Menu

Say hello to my little friend. He is such a ham when it comes to posing for the camera.

Name:  crab2.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  99.8 KB

Name:  crab1.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  99.3 KB
    Last edited by *vi*; 09-06-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: typo