Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: around & about Port Antonio

User Info Menu

These little boys were carrying on much chatter as they beat the heck out of fallen almonds.

Name:  boys.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  94.5 KB
    Last edited by *vi*; 09-06-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: typo

User Info Menu

The time to leave came too soon...

Name:  soccer.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  96.7 KB

User Info Menu

The Trident Castle. One of these visits I'm going to get some inside pictures of this place. Until then, I'll continue to admire it from the road.

Name:  castle.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  93.3 KB

User Info Menu

Thanks for coming back. I want to get into Trident too. Maybe I can pay someone to let us on the grounds then we can sneak around and I'll feel like Bond...Jeannie Bond.

User Info Menu

LOL...well Jeannie Bond if you get in, PLEASE get a photo of the main dinning area. I've read it is incredible.

User Info Menu

One of my favorite places to eat was the Hot Spot restaurant and bar on the corner of Eveleigh Park Road.

The place was purchased a year ago by two ambitious gentlemen who run it with all their heart.

The food is excellent! You get plenty and the price is great. They specialize in just about everything, but vegetarian dishes are their favorites.

Name:  hs2.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  hs1.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  hs5.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  89.6 KB

Name:  hs3.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  hs4.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  89.5 KB

User Info Menu

Some of the meals I enjoyed

Name:  meal1.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  meal3.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  meal2.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  92.3 KB

The above looks....um....bland, not tasty, right??? Let me tell you, I had the same dish three times while I was there. I was hungry, but didn't want meat so I asked him to hook me up with vegetables. The flavor of that meal was incredible. The chef is gifted. Food is cooked to order, like most places, but worth the wait. The first photo is jerk chicken at 300J. The baked chicken, also 300J. Vegetable platter $200J. I always had left overs because they filled your plate generously.
    Last edited by *vi*; 09-06-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typo

User Info Menu

Besides enjoying the food and comfortable atmosphere of this place, you’ll also enjoy getting to know the owners. Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of the cook because…well…he was ALWAYS in the kitchen cooking. But I did enjoy great conversation with his partner.

Meet Ray.

Name:  ray1.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  ray2.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  94.4 KB

I tell you, his personality is just as captivating as his looks. His pores ooze with hospitality, warmth and charm. He’s always upbeat and makes sure anyone who stops by, leaves feeling the same.

User Info Menu

Name:  berries.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  97.7 KB

User Info Menu

I must have passed this building a dozen times when traveling back and forth on the main road from Port Antonio to Boston Bay. The place would grab my attention each time we rode by.

Name:  house.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  101.3 KB

I finally asked the driver to stop so I could get a picture.

“Does anyone live there?”
    “Yes, someone lives there.”

Name:  shoes.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  95.1 KB

Not sure if I believed him because each time we rode by, nothing about the appearance seemed to have been disturbed. No one was ever seen about the yard. Windows never open. Even those shoes propped against the wall were always in the same position.

I took two pictures only. Although the building sat a distance from the road, I felt I was being intrusive so I didn’t linger to take more.

Then on my return from Boston Bay…the last trip there before leaving Portland…I noticed as we passed the house, the shoes were gone.

I’m just now beginning to understand why not seeing those shoes saddened me…..unfortunately I can't explain it yet.
    Last edited by *vi*; 09-06-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: typo