Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first timer needs advice

User Info Menu

It seems so long ago since I posted my first similar thread. I'm not going to make any suggestions but I will say you came to the right place for advice!

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

I agree with Manda81 & kevin, my first trip to Negril was 5 months ago and everyone on this board helped me SO much in planning my trip! I received so much great information and advice that I felt like I knew Negril before I even stepped foot on the sand! I was completely comfortable. Jamaica was everything I dreamed it would be and more! I can't wait to go back! You're going to love Negril

As far as accomodations go, I only have experiences in two hotels (Grand Pineapple and Coco La Palm) They were both wonderful places to stay.

I would recommend both of them to a first timer. You could always split your stay between the two, like I did. Starting at GP and eventually moving over to CCLP once you have a feel for Negril and want to venture out for food and drinks.

If you want to stay in one place. I'm leaning towards Grand Pineapple because you're going solo and your budget allows it. It's all inclusive so the food and drinks are included. It's centrally located, so you can walk anywhere you want. Most importantly though is that the staff will make you feel at home right away. Within 5 minutes of being there, I was friends with the security guard and bartender. They gave a lot of great advice and watched over us the whole time.

You'll receive a lot more great suggestions and regardless of what hotel you end up choosing in the end... you're going to have a great time!

All the best,
    Daisy!
    Last edited by Clarity; 08-30-2011 at 09:32 AM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I can't even begin to thank you all for your warmth, welcoming and advice! It is much appreciated. I've more or less decided on cclp. I might do a split and stay a couple of nights in blue cave castle before hitting the beach simply because it looks amazing. It's my first time travelling alone except for spending the last three days of a trip to Thailand alone. (I ended up in a reggae bar)
    It's been a lifelong dream to travel alone to a carribean island, but I've always chickened out. I'm a social person, but I'm not the one to strike up a conversation with everyone that comes my way. You could say I'm challenging myself with this trip. And now that I've found this board and you guys I feel less nervous and I'm confident that I'm going this time. Can't wait to get my countdown going! Again, thank you all for the help and support!

User Info Menu

I booked CCLP before I actually registered for this board and was just sort of creeping around reading reports. I think it's a good decision everyone has told me I made a good choice so I think you'll be happy with what you have decided

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by utenlov View Post
    It's been a lifelong dream to travel alone to a carribean island, but I've always chickened out.
    I didn't chicken out this time! Flights are booked, I'll be there in just 5 months! Can't wait

User Info Menu

All good advice....keep reading here daily...also, log in on the webcasts...and chat and watch with everyone before you go....realnegril.com