Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **OFF-site Trip Report ~~ Aug 2011 ~~ Part #1 of several

User Info Menu

101 part 1 & 2

good interview mon
    very informitive
    hopefully it will put to rest da
    route cabs are for locals only foolishness

ps... da tree frogs ones were 'kool too'
    mi miss their tunes at nite.....
    Last edited by dave; 08-31-2011 at 01:00 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharin your videos and pictures with us. I really appreciate them!

User Info Menu

Route taxis, part of Jamaica's public transportation system, was created for everyone on the island to get around...but...Juta (Jamaica Union of Travelers Assoc...est 1973) was specifically set up for visitors to the island. This is why Michael said in the video...that a tourist could potentially take a seat a local would've had after a long days work. Not all businesses have the private bus mentioned in the video....the local may have to wait awhile until another taxi came along.

This isn't to say that tourists shouldn't use a route taxi...but they were NOT specifically set up with visitors/tourists in mind.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 08-31-2011 at 02:29 PM.

User Info Menu

Love the videos.....and love the school boy uniform...too cute!

User Info Menu

Oh, where to begin!! Just a word of thanks for all the reports and video's...almost as good as being there. So cool that you cleared up so many misconceptions about route taxis. BTW, I just love Michael!! Gotta make a trip to Lucea just to find him. LOL

Amazing, just how DARK Jamaica country is at night. I have only experienced it once in Cousin's Cove...up in da hills to a JA friends home. OMG, so dark that I couldn't see mi hand in front of me. I am amazed at how well you made it up da hill. I would have been mashed up fi sure.

And the crickets and tree frogs....mi fav!! I even ordered an hour long cd with the sounds on it. Dag...could have ordered one from you at a good price...right???? $$ to be made mi friend.

As above...hope there's more............PS...love the school boy look. I have no doubt that that outfit will last for years to come. Thanks again...

User Info Menu

Welcome home Smith-Enjoying your report and videos-thanks for sharing-more please

User Info Menu

man your treefrogs put the little choruses of them I hear around Negril to shame! That is insane! They are almost too much of a concert to lsiten to come sleep time. But I miss them so.

User Info Menu

smith your legs with them running shoes on em probably have them JA ladies remarking