Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **OFF-site Trip Report ~~ Aug 2011 ~~ Part #1 of several

User Info Menu

**OFF-site Trip Report ~~ Aug 2011 ~~ Part #1 of several

:-(
    Yep..!!..
    ..mi back in-foreign
    ...a too-short trip na tru

nevertheless, GiveThanksAlive (all one word)

mi ok with being back
    ..but i'm surely gonna miss eye-balling all those Ja-ladies
    * whew *
    they are truly beauties to behold
    ...make my likkle heart go pitter-patter pitter-patter

but, at least i can catch-up and *finish* this report
    ..especially the videos

mi no know why YouTube treats Jamaica like a half-dead-step-pickeny
    ...the videos load MUCH-MUCH quicker here in-foreign

so,
    without delay
    ...HERE::>>> the '.Tree Frog.' video(s)

be hapPpy

User Info Menu

the '.School-Boy.' video
    About the video:::

1.....the material in that uniform is outstanding...strong, WELL-made, hand-washable in cold water .... much better than Dockers, or anything i could buy in-foreign at the same price. 'Twill make excellent casual-wear, or work-cloths... i love those Ja-pleats... shirt WILL-BE a work-shirt... mi vexed 'cause i should have gotten another set.

2.....finally, i had someone teach idiot-me how to sharpen a machete, with a likkle-file (video soon come)

3.....the back-pack::: when asked, the sales-lady wasn't sure what the price was... e.g., JA$350 or $450,,, so, when i stepped-to the cashier I plopped-down JA$350. China-man cashier's body language *told* me he-too wasn't fi sure.... but he took the $350

4.....the bare-foot '.slippers.' (i.e., running shoe) ---- try 'em...!!!.. may-be able to get good-price @ Zappos online.... they even have *special* socks (with toes) for bare-footin'
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Thank you for your trip reports and videos. Sorry to hear you are back in the states so soon. Well now you can book, pack and go again. Shhh! No he did not walk up the hill at night. I won't say a word. :-) you look good in your uniform. Nice backpack too.
    Last edited by Angel; 08-31-2011 at 02:49 AM.

User Info Menu

Route Taxi 101 (continued)

MORE Route-Taxi-101 video soon-come
    ....e.g., proper hand-signals for hailing a taxi
    the *interview* was done inside Micheal's taxi, 'cause it was raining .... and he was chilling waiting for liquid-sunshine to stop, so he could go-back to work.

i wanted to get photos of several route-taxis, so you-all could see how nice many/most of them are now-days .... Micheal's taxi is one of the slightly older taxis .... but there're many many NEWer models on the roads.

in a prior *interview* when talking about taxi-cleanliness, i wanted to mention that even the taxi wheel-wells are washed EVERY-NIGHT.... those taxis are spotless

regarding the 'stinky passengers' ---- that was a dumb question, 'cause this is NOT an issue,,, but i KNOW some folks have a concern about this item.

mi no know why or how, but body-odor seems non-exisitent in a route-taxi full-up with passengers.

an aside::>> while in Jamaica my normally funky-body-odor disappears .... tru tru, i might be sweaty, but not funky .... one of those Ja-puzzlements.
    Last edited by smith744; 08-31-2011 at 02:57 AM.
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Ok Pastor Smith aka Skool boy...again, you looking fine in those threads..enough said, mi do wanna make mi Jam. B-friend too jealous....

and yes, I'm still waiting on the outdoor shower project.....

and I see, outside your Lucea fan club-that there;s some fine folks from this board that wanna join up- or start are own fan club here on da board....!!!

Glad you made it home safely....When's your next reach???? and don't forget the shower project video...I be on you forever until I see it....
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

stay tuned
    the bathing-area video(s) soon come
    ..i promise
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

a ramble-ing blah blah raa raa video

be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Mr. Smith744, glad you reach home safely. I am really enjoying the posts and the videos. Nice to see someone show how things can run in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Oh, my. Can't believe you walked up that hill in the dark either, but enjoyed hearing the tree frogs/crickets. Great trip report and videos (looking good in your new uniform). Enjoyed it all. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Fantastic information Bill.
    Hope there's more to come.