Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: All is not Irie on the West End

User Info Menu

All is not Irie on the West End

Well I know negativity is frowned on, but I have to be Debby Downer for just one minute. I just got back from Negril and I traveled with my 17 year old daughter. It was her first time, and my 6th Jamaica. We were suppose to stay at Hide Awhile, but I changed it to Idleawhile because I thought Hideawhile was too remote. We went out to the west end a few times, Seastar on Saturday night
    on 7/26. Ivans and Ricks, and then another trip to Barney's Hummingbird Garden which is right near Out of Town Pastries. This was the day before the murder took place. Let's just say I am creeped out.

It seems like there is a lot of time and effort convincing each other that you have to use your judgement and you will be safe, but who knows. There seems to be a lack of facts when these crimes happen. I can't find any information about it, what time of the day etc. There are people on vacation there, and I think it shouldn't be a secret that a murder took place of a man that was a great human being at a prominent West End Business. This happened in a place that tourists go, a place that we were planning to go to.

On a happier note, my daughter loved Negril and it's cast of characters on the beach. We ran into two girls from California and were talking to them, and they asked me how many times I was asked to buy weed. I told them zero, which was the truth. Everyone that approched us usually asked if we were mother and daughter, and you could tell they wanted to ask but out of respect NO ONE asked. I was asked a few times if she was in the water and out of ear shot.

The girl from Cali said "Wow that's legit"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: All is not Irie on the West End

Quote Originally Posted by cleome View Post
    ...There seems to be a lack of facts when these crimes happen. I can't find any information about it, what time of the day etc. There are people on vacation there, and I think it shouldn't be a secret that a murder took place of a man that was a great human being at a prominent West End Business. This happened in a place that tourists go, a place that we were planning to go to....
    Cleome,

You arent being a "debbie downer", but may be misinformed. Counting your's, there are 3 threads currently running on this topic right here.

I had the obligation and made the painful post here about my former neighbor and friend Colin Lynch the day after it happened. We found out the bad news that evening, but waited until the next day to post it out of respect to those family members not to find out the information here before they could be contacted by their family.

The facts as are known have been posted here. There are no secrets as to when the crime occurred and can be found doing a google search. The link to the most complete story as reported by the Jamaica Observer has been posted here in another thread - which also comes up in a google search. I will post the link again so you can read the available information for yourself.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...ssman_17272835

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Negril with your daughter, I am sure the memories will last a lifetime.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!