Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Once again, we need to inform you about..

User Info Menu

Re: Once again, we need to inform you about..

I am a facebook addict. I do not see it as *evil*. lol.

User Info Menu

I get it that some folks have adapted to the FB and social media paradigm... and I'm not exactly a shrinking violet when it comes to my on-line and electronic footprint. However, when I reviewed the permissions for FB's Messenger, I was flat out astounded over what they were asking for! Yeah, I know its only for their mobile version of the app, but still, my opinion is that they are asking for far too much to do something so simple.

I'll pass, tyvm.

User Info Menu

That's why I don't use the app - you can use 'regular' facebook on your cell....

User Info Menu

yup. Thanks kathyl, my first post wasn't clear - these permissions only come into play IF you download the new Messenger; but it's not mandatory - you can still use the regular old Facebook mobile app as it is, without Messenger, and therefore don't have to accept those invasive permissions shown above.

so yeh, I'll also be passing on the mobile FB Messenger app., and will just use my "old" (lol) regular FB app on my phone.

i don't think FB is evil, any more than i think television is evil - it's just a tool like anything else.... good or bad is all in how ppl USE a thing. ppl just have to pay attention, read everything, know what they are accepting, and not download anything that requires more than one is willing to share.
    Last edited by MissBlue; 08-02-2014 at 03:08 PM.

User Info Menu

FB has stated that eventually the only way you will be able to send messages on Facebook mobile is with the messenger app. Not sure when this will be but sooner or later they will give us no choice.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Thanks, Miss Blue, for clarifying this... considering I recently heard some crazy stat that about 70% of FB users use the mobile app... and consider FB has 1.3 billion users... I was about to wipe my brow! I'm trying to get back into FB after being off for 3 years. So much has changed.

User Info Menu

yes Ras, that is true - if one wants to send FB messages via the mobile FB app, soon come the Messaging app WILL be the only way. but we still have a choice - we can choose to just continue using the old mobile FB, without messaging. That's my plan, I just won't be using FB messaging on the phone - i can access that on the laptop.
    Last edited by MissBlue; 08-02-2014 at 06:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Have you tried Smoke Signals?

Heck of a social media app

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Good one Cap. But I personally prefer drums. Much more ominous!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing������
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)