Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

For the moment I forgot about my food. Forgot about the last two days of travelling in the sky and on land. Forgot about the bills I didn’t pay, the calls I didn’t return or the plants I didn’t water. My poor plant by the wall unit. Forgot about leaving without issuing the usual threats to my son if anything happens to my car.

For the moment I was rid of most of my cares and worries. It felt good. Finally my mind, soul and now “body” are in Jamaica and I can reconnect with pure contentment for the next 2+ weeks.

For the next 2+ weeks I plan to “rock so”.

The jerk pork was a little dry. I should have stuck with the routine and gotten jerk sausage. Was never disappointed with the jerk sausage. The rum, however, was perfect.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    Sweet Boston....sigh
    so true sammy. I won't ever get enough of Boston...the small and cozy beach is sweet for real.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=*vi*;143087]

Beautiful... looks like a post card... so calm and inviting...

User Info Menu

When I saw the group of teens arrive with their soccer ball, I turned down the music and watched them. Girls are playing too. They are just as aggressive as the guys and of course I routed them on…the girls that is.

User Info Menu

Thanks SPARKLE...it's always so tranquil in the evenings. That’s why it’s my first place to be and linger.

User Info Menu

The evening was entering into night quickly. Too quick, but, I tell myself, don’t fret…it’s just the beginning. Plenty more nights you will be spending in this magnificent place.

Over to the right…on the Boston field I notice tents in the distance. That’s right, the Boston Jerk Festival is tomorrow.

“Do you want to ride over to see them set up?”
    “No, I’m fine. But I do want to go tomorrow. Do you?”
    “No. I take you. What time do you want me to pick you up?”
    “Wow, you don’t want to go?? Why not? What are you going to be doing?? Never mind. I will be ready around 3:00.”
    “Too expensive! A thousand dollars to get in is too much.”
    “I guess…maybe…how about I cover half your entrance fee?”
    “Let me think about it. I will let you know in the morning.”
    “You don’t want to go do you?”
    “No.”
    “Can we get some soup? I can’t eat this meat, it’s too dry.”

I use his phone to call momz. Seemed the time was right to hear her voice and let her know all is well here in Portland.

Yes…tonight all is well here in Jamaica.

After a trip into town for a large chicken soup, to the market for beverage needs…water, red stripes, rum, club soda…I decide to go in for the night.

“Vi, if you aren’t ready for bed, you can ride with me. I gone do one or two trips.”
    “Okay…wait…no. No thanks. I think I’ll stay in and get some rest. It’s going to be a long and busy 2+ weeks.”
    “Okay. I see you tomorrow at 2:00.”
    “Alright. Good night.”
    “Good night.”

User Info Menu

I can't wait for tomorrow.....Jerk fest time!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

it's tomorrow sammyb! LOL festival soon come

User Info Menu

Awesome vi. We loved the jerk sausage at Boston, pork and chicken. In fact after getting instructions how it's made while there, my wife has made it at home - deeeelicious. I remember one person in particular at Boston beach. He was a younger guy, maybe mid 20's, very good looking (like most Jamaicans). He was a lifeguard/surf instructor there. What I remember about him is just how genuinely friendly he was, we had a good conversation. He had a younger brother that was out surfing as we talked, who was very good. Can't recall his name though. We ran into him in Port Antonio one night, he clearly remembered us and we had a short conversation. Just a nice guy.

Would you mind telling us about your driver - how you met, the cost (if that's ok), etc?
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Hi Sandman, I think it’s wonderful your wife was taught how to jerk different foods. I know that must have been a special event for her and how sweet of you to sing praises of her culinary skills.

I really like how you describe cook. I often meet studious young men and women in Portland who seem to enjoy sharing details about themselves with me. I equally enjoy listening, encouraging and of course counseling them. I visited Boston Beach once more before leaving and was able to get still photos and video of a couple of surfers. One was really good. Perhaps he’s the young cook’s brother? I’ll do my best to get the clip in the report once I learn how…lol

I met O’Neil in February, 2011. I was with two other ladies at Long Bay beach when he approached me and introduced himself. He invited me to dinner, I declined but took his number. I decided to return to Portland in August and I needed a driver while I was there. I called him and negotiated a price for round-trip airport transfer and ground transportation when it involved extensive traveling. He just recently got the red plates and I’m so happy he did. He’s an excellent driver and knows his way around Portland very well. I don’t have his number with me now but I will send it to you Monday so you can call and get an idea of what he charges.