Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: New to board... had honeymoon in July and can't stop thinking abut Negril!

User Info Menu

New to board... had honeymoon in July and can't stop thinking abut Negril!

Greetings all.... my wife and I stayed at Sandal's (I can hear a few groans, haha) for our honeymoon this past July and had an incredible time! We are both from New Jersey, not far from Philly. We both loved Negril and are definitely plan on returning. I discovered this board before we left but wish I'd spent some time getting advice and so forth. I've been a Negril fanatic ever since and have been checking out all the threads and wish I'd done so before hand.

We had an incredible time and I've been stuck in Negril-mode since, hahahaha. We had a hectic time in the months leading up to our wedding and really appreciated the AI due to not having time/energy to plan, research and so on... we both really needed to unwind and having our 'butts wiped' so to speak was nice, hahaha. We did venture out to ride ATV's which was a blast and it was really cool to see the blue sea from the hills. We also hit Rick's and checked out a couple shops but didn't get to see much else. We also rented jet skis and checked out the cliffs from the sea, which really made me more curious about what the area has to offer.

We had a great time at Sandal's but the one complaint we did have is that while we did enjoy alone time... we didn't meet or interact with many people. Don't get me wrong, we love to be left alone but also enjoy meeting locals and other travelers. Everyone was nice and the staff was without exception wonderful, but most people we met weren't 'our crowd'.... This is where I feel I could've used some advice before hand but all in all, it was the trip of a lifetime! Can't wait to return!!!

User Info Menu

Welcome to da Board!

BOOK, PACK & GO BACK!

maybe stay at a place like Coco LaPalm or Grand Pineapple.........

those two are a can't miss...........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

EM :check out realnegril.com, on front page is schudel of live webcasts from Negril, Rob and bnewb (Lisa) live there and bring you live casts most days or nights ( todays is from Yellow Bird on the beach) times are Ja ( they do not do daylight savings time ) and when in Negril go to a cast , they are the best for information and what's happening that week! Rob runs this site and the realnegril site.

User Info Menu

Gotta look into those, thanks Marko! I don't think we'd be able to choose between cliff and beach, so next time I'm thinking 50/50 and I'll def check those out!

Thanks Lulu, I'll check that out if I can here from work today... sounds like a great way to get a Negril fix, hahahah!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by e.m View Post
    Gotta look into those, thanks Marko! I don't think we'd be able to choose between cliff and beach, so next time I'm thinking 50/50 and I'll def check those out!

Thanks Lulu, I'll check that out if I can here from work today... sounds like a great way to get a Negril fix, hahahah!
    if you goin to split up your reach......choose Catcha Falling Star for the Cliffs.........
    if your budget is a likkle tight...then SeaStar Inn or Blue Cave Castle are the ticket for the Cliffs...
    and maybe Bar B Barn or Negril Condos on da beach....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20