Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rum Cream question..

User Info Menu

In my experience once the bottle is open it just doesn't keep. It's gone before I know it :-)

User Info Menu

after the 2 free bottles - you have to pay duty
    i paid duty in atlanta once - it was about 10%
    worth it to me to have my rum cream

User Info Menu

Hi from Negril!!!.... Many provincial LC's carry rum cream, I know NOva Scotia does, check online, they may bring it in for you if you ask.

User Info Menu

Pam and I brought back 4 ltr Appleton and 1 ltr rum cream. Customs said,"No problem".
    Back before the strict weight restrictions we once brought home 9 ltr of Appletons. I had to pay customs about $18.
    Now with the weight restrictions, the charge they hit you with for being overweight or having an extra bag,
    eliminates the savings and we might as well buy it at our local liquor store.

Respect,

User Info Menu

we had a bottle that after a year in the fridge developed a "stringy mass" that had formed in it....?? tossed it out,
    it would mot mix no matter how much we shook it??
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

thanks for replies everyone!
    Mom fell in love with it in March! And lucky for me, an awesome chickie gave me an insider scoop, picked some up at our Superstore liquor store!!

User Info Menu

I was so happy to find Sangsters at the local liquor board - but I can only get the coffee flavour in JA, so I bring back 3 bottles everytime and pay the duty on the bit I'm over on the 3rd bottle. As for coffee, I brought back 12 pounds of beans in August and the problem was immigration had to xray them. really. I told them, I REALLY like coffee and so do my friends
    improvise & overcome

User Info Menu

All I have to say is travelling with the family I have 5 suitcases and 5 carry ons plus you are allowed to carry wrapped rum from the airport.For me it eases coming home waking up to the rum in my house