Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rum Cream question..

User Info Menu

Rum Cream question..

hello, I have a question,I thought I read a while back you can bring (2) 750ml bottles of alcohal and that rum cream didnt count, is that true? how much rum cream can you bring home? Also how much coffee can you bring back?

thank you

User Info Menu

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand and have done in the past. you can bring back two bottles of alcohol and there is no limit on rum cream/liquers. I'm not sure on the limits on coffee......

User Info Menu

We brought 1 bottle of Appleton and 6 Rum Creams a few years ago....the Texas law is tougher than the Federal law....we were over by about 1/2 a bottle the agent said...check your state law also.

User Info Menu

LaPurr...here's the Canada Border Agency link that addresses the issue of bringing in alcohol to Canada....
    http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/...-eng.html#s5x1

This is the info from their site...
    You are allowed to import only one of the following amounts of alcoholic beverages free of duty and taxes:
    1.5 litres (53 imperial ounces) of wine; or
    a total of 1.14 litres (40 ounces) of alcoholic beverages; or
    up to 8.5 litres of beer or ale.

User Info Menu

Last time I came home (Canada) I asked the customs agent if Liquors such as Rum Cream were limited. He said, No matter what the alcohol content - they count in the 2 x 750ml or 1 x 1.5ml limit. Up to now, I usually purchase 2 x 1 litre bottles
    One of these days Canada has to relax the import restrictions - just doesn't seem fair

User Info Menu

I have another rum cream question. Once the bottle is open and in the refrigerator does it ever go bad? There are no dates on it but I have a l/2 bottle in refrigerator for about a year. What do you think? Still good?

User Info Menu

I have never had an issue with the Rum Cream going bad. I do not keep it in the fridge after I've opened it and have had some sit opened, room temp, for months.
    [url=http://www.ticker.7910.org/eng]

The 1st time you travel to Negril, for the rest of your life, Negril travels with you.
    (taken from realnegril.com/beingees - Graffiti #13)

User Info Menu

Wink

Mine never lasts that long, LOL. I love it in my coffee.
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

@ Tawnee-my bottle says "refrigerate after opening".

User Info Menu

most bars keep it out after opening it in Jamaica....I refrigerate mine tho after opening. My sister keeps hers in the refrigerator for months and it is just fine.