Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ISLAND ODYSSEY: A novel set in Negril in the early 1970's.

User Info Menu

Francis
    Just right click on the photo to save it to your hard drive/computer...

User Info Menu

re:
    I would attach the photos I have on this post, put I have to learn how - I don't see a way to do it at this moment. Perhaps you could guide me on that.

you need to click on the GO ADVANCED button, then on the PAPER CLIP, then pick the file you want to upload from it's folder on your machine...
    Last edited by Jim Nasium; 09-06-2011 at 12:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update on the characters of the book. After reading about a year of ther lives, I was really curious what happened to them all. Now I know that the flute music I heard at Blue Cave Castle in May was from you. I wish we would have had more time to talk in May. Janet and I are likely heading to Peru for our big trip next year, but might drop into Jamaica for a week or 10 days sometime before Christmas. If we do, we are planning on either Port Antonio (to meet some missionary friends in Buff Bay) or Treasure Beach.

Regards,

Bob

User Info Menu

Hi Francis
    I ordered your book and took it with me on my second trip to Negril this year. I had travelled to Jamiaca last April with my sister and travelled around Jamaica spending time in Negril, Ochi, Kingston and Mobay. I fell in love with Negril and only lasted six months back in Toronto before I returned Nov 17th for another 10 days. I spent my days reading your book on the beach and day dreaming about what Negril must have been like back then. Thank you so much for writing this book and providing me with insight and history into this magical place. I am back in Toronto now and finishing up reading the book, it has allowed me bring a little Negril home with me until my next reach.

User Info Menu

Really nice to see some old timers posting in this thread. My first year in Negril was 1969. On a holiday from my job in Town.

We should have a reunion...
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Love it my first was 76,beach,cliffs and Red Ground....cannot wait to read this.......

User Info Menu

I was wondering if anyone remembers white Jamaican twins that took me diving in the '76 - '78 time period. They would probably be in their 50's by now. We stayed on the cliffs at New Moon Cottages owned by the Malcolms next door to Johno Johnson.

Respect,
    Col. Andy

User Info Menu

Captain, a reunion would be interesting. I know some of the old timers don't get around much anymore, mostly becasue of health issues. Our vacations are already planned for December (Mexico) and May (Peru) but the wife would like to head back to Jamaica again.

Regards,

Bob