Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay to Run Bar Tabs?

User Info Menu

Okay to Run Bar Tabs?

Two Questions ... are most places okay with running you a tab when you just drop in for a couple of hours and then settle up with cash? and more importantly while staying at CFS and CCLP will they let you to run a tab every day during your stay and pay by credit card at the end of the week (of course a cash tip would be left every day as appropriate) and if so, any hazards in this other than the obvious.

ps ... having read this board for a while I am sure there will be lots of responses suggesting that tabs are perfectly acceptable as long as you guys are there to partake in the refreshments

User Info Menu

Re: Okay to Run Bar Tabs?

cclp will let you just dont forget to sign at the end of your day

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Two Questions ... are most places okay with running you a tab when you just drop in for a couple of hours and then settle up with cash? and more importantly while staying at CFS and CCLP will they let you to run a tab every day during your stay and pay by credit card at the end of the week (of course a cash tip would be left every day as appropriate) and if so, any hazards in this other than the obvious.

ps ... having read this board for a while I am sure there will be lots of responses suggesting that tabs are perfectly acceptable as long as you guys are there to partake in the refreshments
    Yes, both CCLP and CFS will let you run a tab and pay at the end of your stay. We've done it at both places with no issues, as Negril1990 said, make sure you sign at the end of the day. We've forgotten a few times and they just close it anyway... We always tip the server in cash rather than adding that to the bill.

User Info Menu

running a tab . . . you leave yourself open to all sorts of things . . . best pay as you go . . .

User Info Menu

We did it at CLPC this year it was grand signed at the end of each evening

User Info Menu

Treehouse does it all the time

User Info Menu

Pay as you go!!..Seems the few times I ran a tab..It seamed a bit "healthy" when I paid.
    "Never Sit With Your Back to The Door!

User Info Menu

i run a tab for everything when i stay at Bar B Barn - food and drink

pay by credit card when i check out - and they have every signed receipt for my inspection

i love that place - especially when i can get Angela to cook something special for me :-)

User Info Menu

treehouse and tony's hut both do it for me

User Info Menu

We ran a tab at Catcha Falling Star and they had all the slips also,even emailed me a copy of a couple that got turned in a day after we left so they could get approval to run them on my card.I would'nt do it everyplace but good judgement should help you pick the spots where you can.