Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: T Mobile and Digicel

User Info Menu

T Mobile and Digicel

I have a Motorola RZR unlocked Quadband that I use in Ja. with a Digicel sim. My wife uses a T Mobile phone (locked to T Mobile) that uses a sim card. The Digicel sim won't work in it because it locked. However, when I put the Digicel sim in the unlocked RZR I can see both the T Mobile and Digicel network. I can access the Digicel network using the T Mobile network.

I called myself from that phone and the call went through. Only problem was that it cost 105.00 Ja. But the good thing is that I can check my credit and sim expiration date. Also I pretty sure that by using the Digicel sim on the T Mobile sim I can avoid having my number go dormant in times when I'm not in Jamaica.

Well worth the 1.30 US cost.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

My head hurts.

User Info Menu

In my experience with tmobile....digicel will not work in the us. should top off every 3 mo online.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Babalew View Post
    In my experience with tmobile....digicel will not work in the us. should top off every 3 mo online.
    I put the Digicel sim in the unlocked RAZR and I saw both the T Mobile and Digicel network. I called my home phone from it and got through The caller ID showed my Jamaican phone as the incoming call. I also saw that my Digicel credit was reduced by the call. However, since there are no Digicel towers in Florida I must have been accessing the T Mobil network.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Digicel sims can roam now.