Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't decide where to stay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Can't decide where to stay

Hi all
    Decided spur of the moment to book a flight for the last 2 weeks of november in Negril. We have been before staying twice at Catcha and twice at Seawind. Enjoyed both and all things considered, we prefer the beach but it's a close call. I will be alone for the first week and my wife will join me for the second week. A lot of places are running specials at this time so prices are pretty good. My wife and i are 60ish but still enjoy all Negril has to offer.
    I know this is a broad range of choice but have narrowed the search to Coco La Palm, Bar B Barn, White Sands, Country Country or Palms. I have researched all these but having trouble committing.
    Thanks in advance

User Info Menu

Friends of ours just booked Coco for the end of November and could not get one room for the week. They have to switch rooms to complete the week there. It is September so your list may get shorter when you see what is actually available.

"Don't be no cloud on a sunny day" - Volkswagen's "Get Happy" Super Bowl ad

User Info Menu

You have to ask yourself what you want, the places mentioned are all over the board when it comes to price, closeness to town and the cliffs, and what they offer, ie pool/no pool, free breakfest , of ones listed, I believe only Bar-B-Barn will have just gone through a recent clean-up/remodeling.

User Info Menu

I agree with Ti2M...end of November is VERY busy here...please check quickly on availability for each of the properties. They decision may be made for you.
    Have fun!

User Info Menu

Thanks for quick replies. I did not realize end of Nov. was so busy. So I will book asap! In fact all the hotels i mentioned are all in the same price range considering specials being offered w/wo breakfast. Beach location in terms of town or cliffs doesn't really matter. Pool also doesn't matter since we love the beach. What i was looking for was just some advice based on personal experience. Have read online reviews but a boardie's recommendation carries a lot of weight.

User Info Menu

OK how bout : we are in our 60's, have stayed at Sandels, FootePrints, Rondel,Grand Pinapple,Legands, and 20 plus times at BBB. My butt makes the vote and BBB bar chairs are the most comfortable, covered bar with bathroom right there,eat any meal there also. Bourbon Beach next door,variety store, cambio, next door, MOMS', Coconuts for food next door, and Times Square across the street. So you can read my vote into this post!

User Info Menu

CoCo is great location - Best in the West across the street - not too sure what's happening next door now but was a great little bar there at the former For Real. Then you have Charlea Inn next door with great Thursday night entertainment.

User Info Menu

I vote for BBB--I have stayed there twice and love the location, the breakfast that comes with, and the nice staff. It is basic but clean and friendly and comfortable.

User Info Menu

Just got back from Negril. Very empty this time of year Bar-B-Barn was shut down due to lack of people, but I imagine it'll be open again by November. I've stayed there in the past - it's an decent place, comfy enough & near town & near all the "action". This time we stayed at Footeprints, which we liked. A bit farther away from town, but quite nice and with a nice staff. Me & my wife got a lovely massage from one of the lovely massage girls that works at Footeprints - check them out even if you're not staying there. They hang out on the beach outside the hotel.

Enjoy your trip.

A_J

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the good ideas. Booked 9 days at Bar B Barn and 7 days at CoCo but as mentioned, will have to move rooms at CoCo once because they are filling up fast. 16 days in decadent, I know but, why not. Now if you all can just make sure the weather is perfect......