Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess where I'm headed today....

User Info Menu

Haven't been to the Red Dragon yet - thought about it last July but didn't make it there. Question for all of you - is the pork spicy - like hot spicy?? Don't know if I could handle the spice! I'm a lightweight! Like my jerk chicken without the sauce - I know - crazy!!!! I'm all about flavor but without the heat......

User Info Menu

Feb 2012 for sure......tried this year but it didn't happen and can't even blame the sand gravity!!!!

User Info Menu

Cands...it is definitely spicy!!!

User Info Menu

Now that looks like a place I could spend a coupla afternoons in How do I find it?
    improvise & overcome

User Info Menu

The pics say it all......hey, I think I even recognize a few people...lol.

User Info Menu

Its walking distance from the traffic circle in town, in redground any taxi driver should be able to take you.

User Info Menu

Is Monday a special day?

Are Monday's special at the Red Dragon?
    I am planning to check it out next trip but until Feb I'll have to enjoy Negril through the board.

Steve

User Info Menu

Ahhhh The Red Dragon....I took a newbie friend of mine, a very fine chef, there to try the jerk a while ago. He was absolutely blown away by the place. So rustic and so cool. We ordered two rum and tings. We were served two 1/2 pints of Appleton, two bottles of Ting, and a large bowl of ice along with a pair of tongs, and two glasses.

Then the jerk pork came. Presented on a bed of Aluminum foil, seasoned and twice smoked, pickled onions and Scotch Bonnets as a garnish, served with a wonderful sweet bread. Damien, my chef friend, made little jerk pork canopies and we scarfed them down with much exuberance.

An old man hobbled into the bar with an empty soda bottle and ordered some rum and three Craven A's to go. The bartender held a ruler next to the soda bottle and poured in three inches of white rum and handed over three cigarettes to his customer who then left with a satisfied smile and a bent hobble back into the Red Ground.

As we exited the place for a walk back to town, an old guy with massive dreads was passing by. He noticed Damien, who also sports a wonderful head of dreads, albeit more of the fashion statement kind, and extends his fist for a bump and simply says ... "r a s t a a a" . Damien responds with the utmost coolness as required by the situation. fistbump...Rastaaa.
    Later as we pass the old Ras and head into town, Damien claims that day to be the Best Day Ever.

I Love that place.

User Info Menu

Lucky Lucky YOU!!!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Well......did you get the car wash? Here it is Tuesday and I'm still thinking of how much I would have enjoyed a cold one at Red Ground yesterday!! Name:  IMG_8141.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  54.0 KBName:  IMG_8130.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  29.1 KB