Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess where I'm headed today....

User Info Menu

Guess where I'm headed today....

...to get the car washed...if Rob ever brings it back!!

AND...maybe just maybe....we'll drop in to the Red Dragon while they're washing the car....WOOOHOOO!
    Yummy...hot jerk pork & cold, cold beers...here I come!!

Rob told me recently his first visit to the Red Dragon was in 1985...mine was in 2004 (told ya I'm a newbie )...anybody have some great old memories of RD or even more recently?

User Info Menu

Looking for Red Dragon(thought it was a Chinese rest.) for the first time 2007 dressed in a gold bikini and gold high heel wedges a story for the ages!
    Name:  red dragon3.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  56.5 KBName:  bea con pussy 2.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  50.4 KBName:  bea con pussy.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  57.7 KBName:  red dragon 1.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  76.3 KBName:  red dragon 4.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  82.5 KBName:  red dragon2.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  72.1 KBName:  red dragon3.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  56.5 KBName:  red dragon5.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  84.0 KB
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Name:  DSC00166sm.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  93.5 KB

Thomas awoke late the next morning having slept much longer than he’d wanted to, this despite the incessant crowing of the cock in the yard next door. He hoisted his duffle bag over his shoulder and exited Cocky’s quietly, not wanting to wake him and run the risk of getting squeezed for additional charges.

He paused at the intersection of the laneway and the paved road. Given that the decision to turn left the day before hadn’t led to a particularly fruitful excursion, he opted to turn right.

After walking for ten minutes he heard a noise coming from ahead. He rounded a bend in the road and saw the source of the commotion. Ahead, situated at the ‘T’ intersection of the road, was a bar. Built of concrete, this bar was much larger and more substantial, than the bar in Green Island where he’d met 27. Raucous laughter erupted from within.
    As he approached he saw the name of the establishment stencilled on the stucco wall below the open windows:

RED DRAGON BAR
    The Finest Drinks in Red Ground
    RAGABONES
    PROPRIETOR

Silhouettes of highly stylized dragons were painted on the wall. Fearsome gouts of fire belched from their mouths.
    A sign next to the door read:

JERK PORK
    Etc.

This probably accounted for the half dozen or so mutts that were hanging around out front.
    More laughter burst forth. It sounded like a party was in full swing, so Thomas went in.

To his surprise, the Red Dragon was packed – wall to wall. Not with locals, although there were a few, but with white folk.
    Thomas scanned the crowd. These people here were not the ‘stay-in-the-hotel-compound-and-maybe-take-a-tour’ types. Rather, the term that sprung to mind was ‘ex-pats’. Most sported deep tans. A wide assortment of tattoos was on display, many of which were large, colourful and elaborate. The majority of the men had long hair, some wore pony tails, others bandannas. There was a lot of facial hair, most of it turning grey. All were dressed in well-worn clothing, the type that was practical for the tropics, rather than the just-bought-for-the-trip look that was the common tourist apparel.
    But it was more their attitude that distinguished them; they were relaxed and looked natural in the environment, as if gathering at the Red Dragon for drinks early in the day was a routine event.

The walls inside the bar were festooned with colourful stickers and out-dated licence plates.
    Thomas threaded through the crowd and wedged into a narrow opening at the bar. When he finally got the barman’s attention he ordered a beer. “And I would like an order of pork please,” he added.

The barman craned his neck, looking through an open portal, “Pork will be ready in about ten minutes,” he said.
    Thomas sipped his Red Stripe and looked around. No one had paid him the least bit of attention. They were all completely occupied with drinking and communing with each other.

This is the ideal place to ask about Randy, he thought. He was surrounded with ex-pats, and those he’d met in MoBay seemed to know all the other ex-pats there. Randy had been in Negril for a couple of years, long enough to be considered a member of the local ex-pat community. Indeed, it was possible that Randy might be in The Red Dragon somewhere in the crush of patrons.

Name:  DSC00177sm.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  94.8 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Bea : that was one load of two piece bikinis in the Red Dragon and bnewb: if I remember right you had the car washed next door to the Red Dragon, two birds with one stone or three , drinks food and car wash!

User Info Menu

Name:  DSCN0398.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  71.8 KBName:  DSCN0394.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  83.9 KBName:  DSCN0396.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  79.3 KB Looks like its not the frist time you have been there! Nov.2010

User Info Menu

Name:  Jamaica Nov 2009 114.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  57.7 KBName:  Jamaica Nov 2009 113.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  94.5 KBName:  Jamaica Nov 2009 111.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  64.5 KBName:  Jamaica Nov 2009 112.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  56.1 KB November 2009

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_0149 (500x375).jpg
Views: 427
Size:  22.9 KBName:  IMG_0147 (500x375).jpg
Views: 416
Size:  20.2 KBName:  IMG_0148 (500x375).jpg
Views: 415
Size:  94.7 KB Feb 2011

User Info Menu

Not a Monday goes by that I don't think about being there.....sighName:  IMG_8140.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  33.3 KBName:  IMG_8126.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  49.2 KBName:  IMG_8136.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  41.1 KB

User Info Menu

The guys in our group make an excursion to the Red Dragon every time we're in Negril. They have to have the coldest beer in town and the pork is fantastic!

My favorite trip to the Red Dragon was when my wife took the daughters to Cancun and I took my 14yo son to Negril for spring break. We walked there from Coco La Palm one day. He enjoyed the perspective of hanging out in red ground and talking "politricks" with a couple of elderly regulars

Five weeks from today, I'll be joining the Monday get together at the Dragon. Can't wait!

User Info Menu

I havent made it to the dragon yet....maybe soon!.>>>> ::::: nice photos!!