Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: El Greco resort questions?

User Info Menu

El Greco resort questions?

Hi. Have you stayed at the El Greco resort in Mobay? If so, what are your thoughts? I've read TA reviews etc. People claim "D" block is the best. How 's the food? AC, Pool, Ants? etc. Nightlife around there etc. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: El Greco resort questions?

El Greco was once very nice but is rather tacky now.. For the same money over all, I would stay at Royal Decameron or perhaps at the Wexford. Royal Decameron is all inclusive. I would eat some meals there but eat out often and just use it as a base. You will come out ahead money wise. Shop for the best rates. I personally do not like being on top of hill at El Greco. It can be a little scary at night. I have stayed at just about every place along the Hip Strip. Lately we have been staying at Sun Set Beach out by the freeport. No night life there but ride shuttle or take taxi to Strip or other night spots. Frankly, the strip is a little tacky and rough. Negril beats Mobay for nightlife. All of the non all inclusives along the area of the strip have become run down and a little scary. The reports on TripAdvisor are very exaggerated for these places. Good Luck

User Info Menu

Thanks negrilsand. We will be going on to Negril, but we thought we'd check out Mobay once.

User Info Menu

I've stayed there for one night thought overall it was ok food was good and quick access to the strip but nothing super special