Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rum Cake Won!

User Info Menu

mmm I would love a slice of that along with a cup of coffee with rum cream in it. My office is freezing cold today and that would warm me right up.

User Info Menu

Mmmmm...thank you :-)

User Info Menu

OK, this thread inspired me. I tried it with chocolate cake and chocolate pudding. My suggestion...stick with the yellow cake. The chocolate tends to overpower the rum (believe it or not). It's OK, but the yellow cake is much better.
    Johio

User Info Menu

When you add the rum to the glaze, you have to remove the pot from the heat source....it will still bubble up some though.

I think the chocolate version would be nice if you put some Tia Maria in the glaze, in addition to the rum! That would go great with the chocolate!!

User Info Menu

Re: The Rum Cake Won!

I think I'm going to try this - thanks for posting the recipe.

User Info Menu

This is in the oven right now

User Info Menu

I made the rum cake for our Jamaica party and it was a hit. Here is a picture: Name:  IMG_0505.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  96.6 KB

Here is the whole spread. Hmmm...maybe I should make a thread for those coconut cupcakes. They were heavenly!
    Name:  IMG_0507.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  97.3 KB

User Info Menu

sbeth, that food looks so wonderful! The cake turned out fabulous!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks! It was fun to introduce our friends to a taste of Jamaica (or as close as we could get to it).

User Info Menu

Sbeth that looks amazing! Can i invite myself over for your next Jamaican party???