Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking...

User Info Menu

Re: Walking...

MBJ ...
    put on a set of headphones or earbuds ... & just nod your head to the music ..
    if you can't hear 'em ... then you can't reply

User Info Menu

Walking the beach is my favorite activity in Negril. Walking up the beach and then swimming home. Can't beat it. Don't let the hagglers deter you....after you politely decline their pitch a few days, they will usually realize your not in the market and leave you be. And after a while, you'll enjoy a little chit chat with some of the regulars as you pass by. Morning is the best time but anytime works for me. Head up to Lena's in Thing past Sea Splash for a Jamaican omelet and then walk the beach after breakfast. Paradise

User Info Menu

Big_frank: "take a route taxi to the West End and ask to be dropped off around Seastar Lane Wise Choice Store, nearby.
    Walk toward the lighthouse and continue to Out of Town Pastry. Stop; have a drink wait for the Patty to come out of the oven and walk back toward town; stopping to sit and look at the sea where possible (Maybe LTU). Then take a cab back to the beach."

- BF, you remind me of the guy/girl that shows up at the gym and drives around the parking lot looking for a parking space near the door.

User Info Menu

First of all, leave your sneakers at home, walking in the sand is the best. Walk early as possible, and the calm of the beach at that time is amazing.
    You will in no way have a relaxing, peaceful walk on the road, very fast, dangerous traffic, and taxis and other vehicles will constantly honk and stop thinking you
    need a ride.

User Info Menu

In case you need any persuading Name:  Samsara 5-2013 398 (Medium)_hdr.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  93.3 KB
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

that's what I'm talking about. !!!! Patricia, what an awesome picture, what I would do for a copy of that !!!

User Info Menu

Early morning..beach...easier to do barefoot than in sneakers..very peaceful early morning and not too hot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lina View Post
    ..beach...easier to do barefoot than in sneakers..
    I agree with this unless it's a power walk, strictly for exercise. In that case, lace up your shoes and hit the sidewalk or the angle of the beach to the water can kill your ankles/shins. At a nice normal pace, I'm all for the beach... and if you walk barefoot IN the water, you'll deter higglers and get a little resistance, too.

User Info Menu

After a few days the venders back down. I always have my earbuds in. Music or not. It works. Best time AM. Then sunset

User Info Menu

Have to agree with early morning - so calm and peaceful, cooler and very few vendors out yet hollering at you... Definitely my favourite time!

Name:  IMG_0749 (Copy).jpg
Views: 354
Size:  85.3 KB