Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking...

User Info Menu

Walking...

Greetings, almost 8 months ago I smoked my last nicotine stick. I am no longer a slave to them...amen. Recently I have taken up walking as my favored form of exercise. Each February we spend a bit more than three weeks in Negril. I would like to stay on track with my walking. My thoughts are to bring my walking shoes and do an early morning walk each day. Do you advise the beach, the road or perhaps both? Looking for some tips from walkers. Thanks much!

User Info Menu

Re: Walking...

Both. The beach is always a nice walk and with the new sidewalk on a portion of the beach road its a nice stroll too.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

I prefer climbing a mountain

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I am not sure there are too many places Jackie and haven't walked in the area. This trip we made a hike from Treehouse to Seastar. We've explored red ground during the day time. Just watch out for cars. Especially on the west end road.

User Info Menu

Definitely the beach....
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

cap you are my hero. stay thirsty my friend.

User Info Menu

Here's my suggestion for a really quiet, hassle free walk.
    If you are on the beach, take a route taxi to the West End and ask to be dropped off around Seastar Lane Wise Choice Store, nearby.
    Walk toward the lighthouse and continue to Out of Town Pastry. Stop; have a drink wait for the Patty to come out of the oven and walk back toward town; stopping to sit and look at the sea where possible (Maybe LTU). Then take a cab back to the beach. (Mind the goat droppings)

User Info Menu

I walk the beach everyday in Feb from Travelers to Hedo II and back (with Red Stripe stops of course!

User Info Menu

Amen to the beach, I walk every morning I am there (usually a week in February and one other visit sometime during the year) from Rondel to Sandals as soon as the day breaks. It is my favorite way to start my Jamaica Day. Watching the beach "wake-up" is awesome....

User Info Menu

Great topic Kristine!....I love to walk the beach, but depending on time of day, there are so many vendors, etc. trying to get your attention that it's aggravating.....I still haven't figured out how to "respectfully" decline their shouts, whispers, etc.