Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulled a Tic and then Pulled the Trigger!

User Info Menu

Pulled a Tic and then Pulled the Trigger!

So, today I was just banging around on the internet when...WHAM....Funjet.com has chartered a plane for a New Year's run STL-MBJ, 12-26 to 1-2, non-stop, great flight times(arrive MBJ 1130AM!!!), and is letting me book airfare only, instead of the EXPENSIVE package deals they are offering.....$550r/t all taxes included!!!

Thus, I pulled a Tic. I booked two airfares, wholly non-refundable, without any hotel room! Which then led me to spend the afternoon trying to find a decent hotel at a decent price.

It boiled down to a choice of three properties for around $100 per night/taxes included:

The Palms-old, un-renovated standard rooms
    Sunset on the Beach-standard rooms
    Kuyaba-deluxe room, two queen beds

And the trigger was pulled for.........KUYABA! We stayed there in June and it is a reasonable alternative to the next plateau for this week...$160/night...or the next plateau.....$220/night.....we don't need a pool that time of year...we just need the beach! (Tam has decided she just isn't a cliff girl...) If we figure in $100/day for food/booze/fun...it will come to......just under $1400pp, air, transfers, hotel, food, booze, fun....

Thoughts? Did I make the right choice? Should we have booked Couples for $2000/pp?
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

That is great news RR and of course you realise TT (ME) is in town?
    I love kuyaba especially the swinging chair that was at the bar the food is really nice there too.
    See you down there well done for pulling the trigger!
    Don't be asking me that ol question again-you KNOW the answer LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TiCtOc View Post
    That is great news RR and of course you realise TT (ME) is in town?
    I love kuyaba especially the swinging chair that was at the bar the food is really nice there too.
    See you down there well done for pulling the trigger!
    Don't be asking me that ol question again-you KNOW the answer LOL
    LOL Tic! Of, course I know the answer!

We thought about Couples...but it was another $600pp and we still would be spending $$ when we leave the property to go out for dinner, etc....

Tic, if you didn't need a pool and could live with a 7 night minimum stay, Kuyaba has their rustic cabins available for about $80/night. You could get two for that price.....a/c and kitchenettes too....

Oh and Tic, those cool hammock chairs are on the room balconies/patios as well!

User Info Menu

I am still looking for reasonable flights and I will be in the same boat.

User Info Menu

same boat or PLANE? (kidding)

User Info Menu

All ABOARD!

RR I had to laugh you know why?Because the deluxe room you booked I had my eye on for the new year period I was thinking of trying to squeeze my son in the middle of the beds in his portable bed but then I thought do I really want just one room for us all?and before I decided you booked it!

User Info Menu

See Tic? That's what happens when "failure to fire" occurs due to hesitation of the trigger finger!

User Info Menu

RR that is a great flight. Way better than the current USA 3000 flights out of STL. FYI Frontier Air is doing non stops out of STL in 2012

User Info Menu

Woah, Frontier out of STL nonstop? That will bring apple and funjet some competition that is much needed since worryfree/mlt got out of the market. Woooohoooo!

User Info Menu

Almost there I found charter package out of Toronto for around $1400 taxes in for either Fun Holiday or Rooms, have to decide quick.