Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulled a Tic and then Pulled the Trigger!

User Info Menu

PGW, we stopped by Rooms in June. Didn't tour much of the property, but they have a wide and deep section of beach and a walled-in sand area with loungers that gets no higglers. We had a BOGO drink, Big Bamboo, at the beach bar. Not good. The bartender was a kid and had to look up how to make it. Not enough ice in the drink at first. Also, the place just had a weird vibe to it. Even Tam picked up on it. We've not been to Fun Holiday, so absolutely can't comment. Me, if the amenities were close to equal, I'd go by:

1. Location
    2. Price
    3. Reviews from this site and others

Good Luck PGW, looking forward to meeting you, Tic and others over that NYE week!
    Last edited by RockRobster; 09-17-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Oh, and PGW that is a good fare. Funjet had only a couple of regular hotels, way overpriced, and then the AI's, which only Couples seemed a good value. Can you get the charter air only? That way you have a greater selection of hotels and it might be cheaper. With the pricing we got from FunHoliday, we could stay in a garden room and our air, transfers, room and all taxes came out to just under $950pp

For hotels in the 100/night range I found:
    Sunset on the Beach
    Palms
    Kuyaba
    Xtabi
    Fun Holiday

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Last edited by RockRobster; 09-17-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Smile

gatwick to montego bay £503 return on virgin, blows big raspberry at tic
    Last edited by airportworker; 09-17-2011 at 09:19 AM.

User Info Menu

don't you dare blow rasberries at me!
    how many weeks is that for?bet it is not as good a deal as what I got anyway I had to reserve 5 seats and I was allowed to pay in installments how long is that flight for?

User Info Menu

its from 11th nov until 9th dec btw its not for me but one i booked for a mate who's going to see his grand dad who live near orange bay

User Info Menu

btw tic best way to Gatwick is Manchester to Reading direct (not via London) and then Reading to Gatwick, off train at Gatwick into lift out of and your at check in

User Info Menu

That is a good price aw
    but I am still happy with mine-mine is for longer and over the xmas and new year period also November is when my kids are in school.
    Than you for the details on the train I am looking up prices for transport now.I believe the trains can be very expensive but the coach will take me over 7 hrs just to get the airport and interconnecting inland flights are also costly right now.Trying to find a way to get to the airport that will not break the bank.I will look up your idea now