Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Rob & Lisa Re: Weather next week - Coming Sept 23

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Rob & Lisa Re: Weather next week - Coming Sept 23

I looked on several weather websites and the long range forecast for our stay beginning Sept 23 looks like rain.....Anyone have a better one?? I need sun and warmth.
    Visit #56 soon come

User Info Menu

This is Jamaica. It is in the tropics. It usually rains a lot in September. Even if it only rains for an hour every afternoon at 3:00pm, the forecast will say rain.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Lee,

Accompong summed it up pretty well. Yesterday would have been classified as a "rain" on the forecast as it did rain for about 20 minutes on the beach and there was no rain on the West End - but that would still be considered a "rainy day" on the forecast.

Long range forecasts in the tropics are sorta like horoscope listings - amusing to read but of no real nutritional value... (grin)
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

If it was going to rain every day in the forecast, would you cancel your plans.......rain everyday in Negril beats the hell out of
    staying home...don't worry...be happy you are there!

User Info Menu

It also showed rain on the weather forecast for my entire stay (sept. 2 to 11). It actually only rained twice, one afternoon for a short time and during the night for a couple of hours. There were plently of storm cloulds around, and thunder rumbling in the distance, but nothing came of it most days.

User Info Menu

disregard weather reports and websites; they are useless. Weather reports for jamaica ALWAYS say rain. Always.

in the tropics there is always a possibility of rain, and it does typically rain in the afternoons.... sometimes a short shower, other times a short downpour - but unless there's a specific storm, it usually only lasts a short while. And tropical rain is lovely - just pick up your towel and go sit at the bar for a while, hang out with other folks having a good time, and enjoy. Soon enough it will be time to go back in the water~!

User Info Menu

You tell em Miss Blue.

User Info Menu

Thats what bars and porches are for........................UV and H2O protection.................smart people
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissBlue View Post
    disregard weather reports and websites; they are useless. Weather reports for jamaica ALWAYS say rain. Always.
    yep yep

what i do is:::> listen to Power106 (free online), before each trip, on a regular basis
    ...take note of the *trends&patterns*
    .......they give the current conditions and forecast for the key-areas islandwide, several times per day

now 'til 'bout December-ish,
    'twill be rain-y-ish-like
    then drought-come 'til 'bout early Spring-ish

however, for past-couple years,
    ..for some strange reason(s)
    .....the rains have lasted until mid-December-ish

been some crazy-weather,
    worldwide,
    for past few years na tru

always remember:::>> '..MotherNature run tings....She do what she wants, whenever..'
    be hapPpy