Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torn want to stay faithful what would you choose?

User Info Menu

Torn want to stay faithful what would you choose?

I have just one week left of my trip to plan (well plus a couple of days here and there but SHHH do not tell RockRobster)
    I would like to stay faithful to Seastar but I have the option ( I think if still available) of trying out a place on the beach with a kitchen for the same price
    My room at seastar does not have a kitchen and as this trip will be for a long time a kitchen will definately help with the children liking a lot of food.5 and a half weeks of 5 people eating out 4 times a day will add up.
    I do not know if to stick with seastar though as they are great with us and we know everything is good there plus we get a free shuttle to the beach anyway and we get a free breakfast which is a good start to the day!
    The other place is on the beach has a kitchen and has a pool
    Would you try something new?
    stick with what you know
    or just book the 20 dollars a room cabins with a kitchen across the road from the beach hotel for that week?I cannot decide.
    They are all good in their own way.
    Seastar is obviously cliffs property and its a* service no complaints whatsoever but no kitchen but I do have a fridge
    or the beach property-nothing fancy at all not a great swimming pool-nowhere near as good a service as at seastar but there will be some boardies staying there plus I have the kitchen
    or stay across the street for less than half the price and still have a kitchen and be very close to the beach and just use whoevers pool i am dining at?
    What would you choose?

User Info Menu

loyalties aside - go where fits best.. sounds like u would like a kitchen - so get one for sure..
    i usually go to the negril escape - mostly out of loyalty but also because of the excellent hammock balconies with views on the cliffs, and the excellent service and free breakfast.. but this last febuary because i was bringing my kids and my folks and my brothers family, and i knew they would want to be on the beach.. for us, this it was the decider - kids want the beach every day - so we stayed at the treehouse.. it was a great vacation - but i was constantly comparing it to my rooms at the escape - and imho - the tree house doesnt compare in some ways to the escape - BUT i also have no doubt i made the right choice for this trip - cause the treehouse is on a prime spot of the beach and we had the best time there everyday.. i would have loved to have been 'loyal' to the escape - it wouldnt have been the great beach trip it was with my kids.. i am headed back to negril in febuary with some friends.. we are staying at the escape..

i figure youll still be a seastar girl, even if you give the beach a go.

jason

User Info Menu

Oh ------Thought by the title it was a different subject. ;-)

User Info Menu

Tic, you know my jest is all in good fun! I like you and get a kick out of chatting with you!

That said, think this through....You get brekkie included at SeaStar, one meal down, you want to go to the beach-sounds like patties, breads, fruit and some jerk, two meals down, and then are you going to be cooking dinner everynight? Are the savings that much if you do cook everynight? We've thought about a kitchen, but dinner would be the big money saver and we love to eat out, so just a fridge for us. Also, the across the street place..no pool? Kinda a deal breaker for the kiddies, no?

NBCC isn't that bad and I hear if you book with Jean, you get nicer rooms and better service....

Good luck Tic!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Yeah a one bedroom suite at nbcc is definately in the shortlist for this week I have to book.only because of the kitchen though as nothing else there appeals to me ,it was smelly drains last time i visited and the pool was small no-one in it and no atmosphere or music around it apart from at other side of bar-it was beachfront though so that is a plus.But I stayed in wooden cottages across the street from there and still enjoyed myself I can use most hotels pool if i am dining there.Theres not a big draw to nbcc for me

User Info Menu

no loyalties for me . . . go where the best fit is for the time allowed for your family . . . although the cooking is not my thing on a vacation, each to his own. . . . what kind of loyalties can you have to a place? does the establishment do something special for you? give you a discount above and beyond? . . . beach sounds more convenient with kids to me.

User Info Menu

Try anything once

No regrets. You can always go to Seastar for Sat nights Reggae. You just may be back next time. I hear Seastar is into Renos so check it out at the same time.

User Info Menu

I know how you feel.....I'm super loyal to Negril Beach Club Condos. The units have kitchen and you're right on the beach.

User Info Menu

Lets see...last week we spent just over 100 for our first meal in Negril (mind you, it was Kuyaba)...we went for groceries for the kitchen the next morning, and they cost just over 100$ as well.......and lasted for 8 days.

You have a family of five so I don't think I would be wondering myself...take the kitchen!!!

User Info Menu

How about Yellow Bird 2-bedroom cottage? each bedroom has 2 double beds and its own full bathroom. Kitchen, large dining table/chairs, sitting area plus outside patio and large picnic table. No pool but plenty around.