Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mayfield Falls Was Awesome

User Info Menu

Not sure, but I think that Pelican Bar is a lot closer to YS falls than Mayfield falls. I did both on my trip, and it was fun.

User Info Menu

Mayfield Falls has always been mi Number One recommendation for a tour.......
    you can't beat the place, the price nor the fun that you have there........
    plus it gives you penty of time to do stuff the same day in Negril..........tuff to beat

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

The second time I went to Mayfield I brought a whole bus load of first timers, was not sure how it would go over. They thought it was the highkight of the trip.Name:  Jamaica 134.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  97.9 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lax1724 View Post
    I will be returning to Negril December 17th to the 24th and I am trying to decide between Mayfield and YS. How far of a trip is it to Mayfield from Negril? Do you spend a whole day there? Is the Pelican Bar far from Mayfield because I was thinking of killing two birds with one stone. I will be traveling with my wife and 22 year old son and 25 year old daughter. We all love hiking challenges. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    If you like hiking...you'll probably enjoy Mayfield Falls more. You can do both Mayfield & Pelican in one day...but you'll end up spending a lot of time on the road as they're quite a distance apart from each other. If you visit Mayfield only and leave around 9am...you can be comfortably back in Negril by mid afternoon.
    YS Falls & Pelican are more commonly visited on the same day as they are located a short distance from each other....you'll be back by late afternoon or early evening from this excursion.
    Have fun!

User Info Menu

we actually left for mayfield at 9 and got back at 3. the road is so bad/non-existant, when you get up the mountain, the driver had to go one mile an hour for about an hr!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LEFT MY HEART IN JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtle Towers, Ochie '85~Seawind, MoBay '89~Jamaica Grande, Ochie '99~Pebbles, Falmouth '09~Coco La Palm, Negril '11

http://www.tickerfactory.com/

User Info Menu

the champagne bubbles pool!
    Turtle Towers, Ochie '85~Seawind, MoBay '89~Jamaica Grande, Ochie '99~Pebbles, Falmouth '09~Coco La Palm, Negril '11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msmari View Post
    we actually left for mayfield at 9 and got back at 3. the road is so bad/non-existant, when you get up the mountain, the driver had to go one mile an hour for about an hr!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cars have a hard time.. the van I was in didn't have any trouble.. the cars we saw all bottomed out ALLOT.. find a driver with a van

User Info Menu

did not go into the caves the washing machine was so intense i could only stand next to it.....