Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Best all inclusive and beach?

User Info Menu

Best all inclusive and beach?

Which hotel would be best for a inclusive. Beach, no kids, some nightlife. Not too far from fun but can get away from it as well. I don't really care for an over crowded beach. I'm looking into Couples swept away. Is that walking distance from margaritaville? Will there be Taxi service if we decide to go out a little later? I was in negril in 2001 and stayed at coco la palm. It was ok but not wonderful. Anyone w input on swept away wold be great. I'm guessing the grand lido probabably dosent have a night life? I'm all about great food as well. Very much interested in a nice beach too. Thank you everyone for your input.
    Last edited by icekitten97; 09-16-2011 at 10:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Swept Away is hard to beat if you can afford it. We are actually going back for our 5th time to Swept Away in November. We don't just stay on resort property, we walk the beach everyday, but usually go right past Margaritaville to Alfred's for a much better flavor. There are plenty of transportation options if you want to experience the night life off resort. We found a driver 15 years ago on our first reach and continue to use him to this day, in fact we have him pick us up at MoBay rather than avail ourselves of the free shuttle. Can provide his name and number if interested. Night life at CSA is ok but shuts down fairly early, plenty of options each night on the beach or cliffs and other threads here detail who has live music on various nights of the week. The beach is awesome and the security limits contact to vendors unless you want to engage them. Food is outstanding at all the restaurants with 2 requiring reservations and a less casual attire. Enjoy.

User Info Menu

TY Lutley! I've been looking into several hotels over the past year or so and I keep coming back to CSA. I haven't booked anything yet. But looking into it.

User Info Menu

Well if you want a higher end AI & the availability to get out to the local places easy, CSA fits the bill.
    If you want an entry level AI, then the Grand Pineapple would be good for that.

User Info Menu

TY Jamerican!! I am keeping my options open!

User Info Menu

grand pineapple and merrills are ai and also centrally located..............
    I LEFT MY HEART IN JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtle Towers, Ochie '85~Seawind, MoBay '89~Jamaica Grande, Ochie '99~Pebbles, Falmouth '09~Coco La Palm, Negril '11

http://www.tickerfactory.com/

User Info Menu

Swept Away is very nice. walking to a lot of places pon da beach is no problem. they can hook you up with a driver or arrange tours etc if you want.

LBR