Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Jurassic Park

User Info Menu

Jurassic Park

I'm looking to do something different next trip and in all my visits I've never been to Jurassic Park.

Could someone give me the info on this place?

Hours of operation? Admission? Best way to get there by scooter?

Any additional info is appreciated.

User Info Menu

I know it's worth a stop, but not sure about a trip in and of itself? When I went on the YS tour with Talk of the Town Tours to YS falls, we stopped there on the way..unfortunately, the owner wasn't there that day, so our stop was brief, but did take a few pics..

User Info Menu

I wouldn't say it has "hours of operation" or admission per se but someone is almost always there because it is a working metal shop. Danny, the owner/artist, is a pleasure to talk to, but anyone there will let you look around. If the bar is open that's nice, if not, there's a small shop now with candle holders and stuff for sale. I like to buy something, tip for a tour, buy a drink, whatever.

If you take the route out past the lighthouse and around through Orange Hill (that's really the only road you can take unless you turn off to Little Bay, etc and I believe you will still pass Jurassic Park before that turn-off), you will pass it, it's hard to miss. Gate has a giant pteradactyl on it.

This is my friend DB who scooted with me there last year:

User Info Menu

Great side trip on a drive through Little Bay. A can't lie, their STOP sign out front got me the first 2 times I past it! I usually stop in and say hi to Danny if he's around. Stop at Homer's for Red Stripe if you have time.