Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

User Info Menu

Re: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

Loving this!!! We are at Kuyaba a week today for a week and never see much about it on here. Keep it coming
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Day 2
    I couldn't sleep. I was too excited that I was back in Negril. I was up at 6 am and hubby asked why I was waking up in the middle of the night. He slept and I strolled down to da beach and got a chair/umbrella and sand gravity hit me for a few hours. had breakfast at kuyaba. Callaloo tomato onion omelet and toast, juice. Why do omelettes taste so much better in JA or is it just me. Disappointed that Kuyaba flagged me at cup 2 of coffee and said I'd have to pay more for the next cup (which I did).Name:  IMG_1365.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  100.3 KBName:  IMG_1367.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  95.9 KB

User Info Menu

After breakfast headed back to my chair on the beach and swam. My husband finally joined me. I was still tired. There were 3 guys in the room next to us and they were sawing some serious logs all night. Today was the day I finally met the Fruit Lady, the banana bread guy and a host of others. Fruit lady is amazing. I helped prop that basket up on her head after buying fruit and couldn't believe how heavy it was; she carried another bag equally as heavy. I don't know how she does it!!!!Name:  IMG_1411.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  95.3 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hey_mon View Post
    Loving this!!! We are at Kuyaba a week today for a week and never see much about it on here. Keep it coming
    Wish I were back! It will be below zero here in Nashville and there is so much ice I cant get my cars out of the driveway to make it to work. Nice to have a few extra days to recover however. Have a great trip!

User Info Menu

A little later that day Mr. T came by for a visit and met us a the beach. Things became weird. I invited him back to our room and the manager and security guard said no Rasta's allowed. After I pleaded my case, they said they would allow him to our room only with an ID which he didn't have with him. We finally had a drink at the bar and simply walked back to the room afterwards. Worked like a charm. My husband played guitar on the porch while we indulged in some adult goodies. Headed to the bank and if I'm not mistaken about the name, Hammonds Patties?? They were the best I've tasted but then I'm not a patty connoisseur. I wanted to try Nihahs but Mr. T insisted we try the others.
    Last edited by never2many; 02-18-2015 at 10:31 PM.

User Info Menu

Spent the remainder of the afternoon hitting the red stripes. Did dinner at the Italian Cafe across the street from Kuyaba with Pete and Mr. T. It is a beautiful restaurant and the Pizza wasn't bad. It was also here that I discovered my new favorite beverage that I don't think I can get here in the US, called Malta. I LOVE this stuff. I am from Finland and it reminds me of a fermented drink we made there at Easter.

Name:  IMG_1391.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  42.0 KBName:  IMG_1395.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  97.3 KB
    Last edited by never2many; 02-21-2015 at 02:02 PM.

User Info Menu

Super reporting and greatly appreciated. You know how to enjoy. Happy for you and sad for me as no soon come. Thankfully, your reporting bridges the gap. Thank you for taking the time to make us happy happy.

User Info Menu

Great stuff
    Missing Jamaica

User Info Menu

Great report and pictures,thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

Here's some additional pictures of my walk on the beach earlier day 2.Name:  JA Dogs.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  57.2 KBName:  JA Beach music.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  87.9 KBName:  JA colors.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  76.5 KB