Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

User Info Menu

Re: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

Name:  JA barber.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  49.8 KBName:  JA fruit lady.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  30.6 KB

User Info Menu

Clap Clap keep it up~~~ It gets me through the cold days~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Awesome !

User Info Menu

Keep those pictures coming
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Oh I almost forgot. On our way back from eating patties, we are walking down the sidewalk from town and this topless woman with concrete dust all over jumps up out of nowhere, tries to grab my cigarette and water and was hollering at me and wrestling with me to "give me some of your cigarette, give me water, give me something." I haven't stopped thinking of that moment. Sad. My heart hurt for her.
    We finished our day by going to Barb B Barn to hop on some WiFi. I was there 2 years ago and the same lady (think the owner?) was in the same seat running the show. Had a few drinks and pondered heading to the Bunny Wailer show but was too exhausted. Vacationing is exhausting. I am still exhausted ha ha. We went back to bourbon beach and watched a reggae show. They system was pumping. I loved it. I love large Bass. Reggae was flowing. Nothing like it. Name:  IMG_1376.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  94.5 KBName:  IMG_1402.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  104.2 KBWhew I was feeling good. Went to sleep early and was looking forward to moving out of Kuyaba the following day to larger digs. I fell asleep listening to Bunny Wailer jam next door. It was a good end to a great day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
    Super reporting and greatly appreciated. You know how to enjoy. Happy for you and sad for me as no soon come. Thankfully, your reporting bridges the gap. Thank you for taking the time to make us happy happy.
    Boston Bob, if you be in Boston you need some Negril. Now.

User Info Menu

thanks . . . we all need this constant "fix" of jamaica . . .
    nice pics of my fav place, bar b barn . . . much better option than kuyaba's cabin right by the road, yikes!!!

User Info Menu

So true Never2many, so true. Yes sad about the lady. Mental health care seems so deficient everywhere so sadly. I am sure that experience stayed with you for some time. I hope more is done to help those who need it everywhere. God bless her. Poverty too sad and is all too often seen everywhere. I just hope and pray.... Thanks again for your fine reporting.

User Info Menu

Thanks for warming up my cold winter days...I hear ya I need a vacation after my vacation they are exhausting!

User Info Menu

Day 3
    Woke up and packed for our move across the street to Pure Garden and at the recommendation of others, headed to Bar B Barn for breakfast. Now I am used to Island time but it took 1.5 hours to get our breakfast and we were stressing getting checked out of Kuyaba on time. Breakfast was good, Pete had salt fish/ackee. I had another omelette. After breakfast we had a driver take us across the street due to the amount of luggage we had. We hung out at the Pure Garden pool for 1/2 hour until our room was ready. We reserved a room with a kitchenette as Mr. T had promised us some good Jamaican cooking! We were pleasantly suprised to find 2 hotel rooms connected, one room was the kitchen and the other was the bedroom. Pure Garden is not the Hilton but coming from the little rustic cabin across the street, well this felt like a palace. We had all the essential tools in the kitchen. We made a trip to High Low to stock up. I liked the drivers Red Stripe can hanging from his mirror.Name:  JA red stripe mirror.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  74.4 KBName:  JA groceries.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  42.8 KB