Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: List of places to grocery shop in Negril

User Info Menu

I haven't seen any where I stay - but I know from experience that mice will chew through any plastic container with no trouble. I used to live in an old house in the country where it was impossible to keep them out.

What I do see in JA is a lot of tiny ants that seem to show up within the hour if you leave food out, or have crumbs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smith744 View Post
    a *few* comments....
    I always chuckle when i hear Negril-residents complaining about the high-cost-of-living in Negril. ..lol lol lol lol lol... i tell 'em to get-OUT of Negril, and GO-BACK ah yard, where you came from,,,, where stuff is cheaper.
    HA HA...now this makes me chuckle...sounds like the "Negril-residents" are playing the "woe is me" game with you. I've shopped in MANY different places & just as it can be back in North America or the UK etc....it depends on the store and the item...some places are cheaper for some things...some places more expensive for other items. I know some Jamaican friends that come into Negril for items they find cheaper here and other times we'll all go to nearby towns for certain products. But, for the most part...Negril residents do most of their shopping here as the prices aren't that significantly different.

I have containers....use them....but living in Negril I also use ziplock bags with NO issue! TT...you don't need to be lugging plastic containers around.

User Info Menu

zip lock bags kept in a clean refrigerator (no spilled juice etc) work just fine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    HA HA...now this makes me chuckle...sounds like the "Negril-residents" are playing the "woe is me" game with you. .
    :-(
    don't laugh, Lady

but, you're probably right

* sigh *
    so it goes
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    zip lock bags kept in a clean refrigerator (no spilled juice etc) work just fine.
    tru tru
    mice, rats & ants don't know how to open the fridge na tru
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    What I do see in JA is a lot of tiny ants that seem to show up within the hour if you leave food out, or have crumbs.
    huh..??..
    within in ONE-Hour...???...

my my my
    ..dem some slow ants

the Ja-ones i *know* show-up in 'bout 8 minutes 42 seconds

:-(
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

We usually bring a few plastic boxes on the plane with us for ~yes you guessed it MORE FOOD!
    so we will have a couple with us anyway.
    and we have a a couple of ziplocks usually use them for my lotions.
    I don't have to worry about mice and rats do not panick me!
    I seriously do not do mice and rats but the establishments I am staying at are nice and clean and I have never seen any there and if I do I am sure I can swing from the light fitting and shout for help.Hopefully someone will rescue me!
    I like low budget in price but not quality.I am not coming to play gas barrel man or ratcatcher!
    I am very happy with my choices of places to stay and I do not forsee any rat or gas problems LOL

User Info Menu

I learned about the ants way back when I was visiting family and the kids were just strolling around eating biscuits.We did not know about the ant situation until I heard a shout
    " AAAAAA WHAAAAAAAAAA DISSSSSSSSS??" and I jumped out of my skin and thought what have the children done? They had taken their snacks into the bedroom-biscuits crackers ,crisps and their grandmother went to check on them and I just heard "aaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaa dissssssssss" I ran to the room wondering what had happened and there were ants everywhere and I mean everywhere we got taught about the ants and never did it again

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TiCtOc View Post
    Can we make a list of places to grocery shop in Negril please and just write a rough location for the place near to it.Also if you know a particular person goes to a certan place at a certain time and day selling certain items do list that too.My family eat a lot and I need a lot of food in stock for the week I have a kitchen!Thanks-getting a bit worried about if to buy daily or in bulk as a lot of places do not have a freezer so I do not want things to spoil or go off.
    when I had the cottage in the beginning and had to go grocery shopping..........
    I use to blow thru $150-$200US like nuthin .........lol
    learned pretty quick to go shopping in Sav(usually Sat mornings at the market) and load up once a week........
    and eat like a Jamaican cause eating like a foreigner is cost prohibitive.........
    so mi learned to enjoy Seasoned Rice and Chicken cooked a hundred different ways.........lol
    buy fresh fish and conch from the fishermon's......and vegetables and fruit from the stands.......
    mi luxury was getting some coconut ice cream now and then.......lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20