Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A likke bit about my 3-month stay Oct 14 - Jan 15

User Info Menu

A likke bit about my 3-month stay Oct 14 - Jan 15

Because I live in Accompong Town, I find it hard to take pictures of my friends and neighbors. Usually, I discretely pull out my camera and take a shot of activities by holding it out of eyesight. Here are a couple of pictures and some surrounding stories of that visit home.

I am fascinated by the Jamaican people and like to observe them in different situations. From my days of living in Kingston, I found that whenever a few police and a large group of men converged, trouble and arrests usually follow. Things are slowly getting better with relationship of citizens and the police. Here was one particular meeting that illustrated the point.
    Name:  1-SAM_0162.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  89.6 KB

The Primary School students get a longer break for the holidays as the 5th and 6th of January would be nearly impossible to hold classes. My next door neighbor with his sound "Black Rhino" and the Town Council put on a Fun Day with a Bounce About. The crowd was amazing as almost every child and a parent or two showed up for the day.
    Name:  1-SAM_0163.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  65.0 KB

Marshall's granddaughter and her mother would come to visit every couple of weeks when a "woman's touch" was needed. I really enjoyed watching the "Little Princess" while the work was being done. Sometimes I can be the most impatient person but I exercised my best with her and we both learned something from the experience
    Name:  1-SAM_0164.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  61.3 KB

Accompong Town has no piped in water so we have to rely on rain water for all our needs. Separating the drinking water from storage tanks which supply the sinks, shower and toilet was a problem. I put some ingenuity to the task and devised this system. Many other residents stopped by to note how I did it so they could do something like it and a few even wanted to hire me to do one for them.
    Name:  1-SAM_0169.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  78.6 KB

What follows are 4 pictures of the run up to the January 6th Celebration.
    Name:  1-SAM_0166.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  75.3 KB

Name:  1-SAM_0173.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  1-SAM_0166.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  75.3 KB

Name:  1-SAM_0174.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  96.4 KB

I know this all seems so boring and (yes) our favorite saying is that there are 25 hours in a day and 8 days a week in Accompong Town. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Re: A likke bit about my 3-month stay Oct 14 - Jan 15

Love it!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting these. I love the pics of the towns in Jamaica and things that go on there. Please keep posting them
    Last edited by Prism; 02-24-2015 at 09:57 AM.

User Info Menu

^^^ agreed!-We need more~ Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Yah mom! Well cool my friend. More of your great perspective. The Little Princes she so beautiful. Thank you.

User Info Menu

thank you so much for posting.. i have always wanted to go to Accompong Town. maybe nxt reach. is there any kind of historical museum there?
    Last edited by sonja; 02-24-2015 at 10:30 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sonja View Post
    thank you so much for posting.. i have always wanted to go to Accompong Town. maybe nxt reach. is there any kind of historical museum there?
    There is a very small museum there and the entrance to it is part of the fee you pay for a Town Tour. The tour fee (like most things in Jamaica) are different fees for different people. Local, tourist, student, etc. all pay different amounts. We usually bypass the town and do the tour ourselves and then pay the town the local price. Perhaps you should contact Linston as he is well familiar with the runnings there.

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the post. The wife and I sure did enjoy meeting you and Marshall in Accompong during our Christmas vacation. I am still hoping to hike to the Peace Cave one day. For others who would like to visit, I agree with Bill's recommendation to contact Linston-he was the driver for our visit.

Respect,

TedP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedP View Post
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for the post. The wife and I sure did enjoy meeting you and Marshall in Accompong during our Christmas vacation. I am still hoping to hike to the Peace Cave one day. For others who would like to visit, I agree with Bill's recommendation to contact Linston-he was the driver for our visit.

Respect,

TedP
    Hi Ted!

The pleasure was all ours. It was a short but sweet visit. Longer next time, okay?

Here are a couple of additional pictures.
    Name:  post00.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  101.0 KB

Name:  post01.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  84.0 KB

Name:  post02.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  78.6 KB

Name:  post03.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  102.6 KB

Name:  post05.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  62.8 KB

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

SWEET pics!!-Thanks again. These are the pictures I like!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]