Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Summerset Lane?

User Info Menu

Summerset Lane?

Anyone know if Summerset lane is relatively safe to walk? I know anything can happen at any time, etc... but whats Summerset's reputation? This is the road next to Seastar lane. Also Im pretty sure there is a path connecting the two- any one have any experience walking this path? Thanks for your feedback!

User Info Menu

I "hear" it is ok just keep your wits about you saying that from what I hear I did not feel like I wanted to holiday on that lane with small children but I would have definately considered staying if it was just me and my partner.So I guess it boils down to personal opinion and if you believe what your hear.I guess you need some trusted advice from those on the ground but like I said I would consider staying as a couple but I just did not fancy it with the kids.

User Info Menu

This is my take on Summerset Road as a woman living here...
    Summerset is a quiet/relatively inactive road. Since there is not a lot of activity happening there other than Bella Donna's restaurant at the beginning...I prefer to remain on the cautious side when walking on a road that is not well populated.
    I'm not saying it's dangerous & that you wouldn't be fine walking it...but I choose to err on the side of caution.

Note. Seastar Lane is still quite a distance from Summerset Road.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 09-19-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

While Summerset Rd and Seastar Lane are not next to each other, because of the ways the roads are directed they do get closer together the farther you travel the roads.

There is a walking path that takes you from Summerset to Seastar Lane, but it is a bit of a walk. Here is a Wiki/Google map that shows this area in excellent detail:

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=18.2584832&lon=-78.3623242&z=18&l=0&m=b

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Coming from a perspective of a person who has lived in multiple areas of Jamaica (including Kingston), I would not walk in a (for lack of a better word) "rural" area without a backup Jamaican friend or sufficient enough "power" (personal ability or multiple numbers of tourist friends) to fend off a surprise attack or unwanted harassment.

The time to be vigilant is always before you need to act on a surprise encounter. 99% of the time you are safe and in no danger but the 1% of the time when you let your guard down or act irresponsibly that is when you could ruin an otherwise fabulous vacation experience.

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    . Here is a Wiki/Google map

[/URL]
    Wow..!!...

Rob, that-map is GREAT..!!..
    ..and kinda-scary, too

i can almost see the house i stay-in in Lucea-country

wow
    wow
    WOW..!!..

thanks, mon
    :-)
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

I have walked Summerset road a number of times in the past (talking late 90s early 00s) in the dark and in daylight, with no problems but i'm a male who is more then able to take care of himself and things change, would go with what Lisa and Rob say as they live in that part of town

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airportworker View Post
    talking late 90s early 00s
    lol
    it's a *new* day now, mi fren
    lol

e.g., folks who were around back-then,
    are dead & gone

there's a *new*-crew in town, now-days

and less/fewer donkeys, too
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu