Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bourbon Beach Live Music?

User Info Menu

BB was the first place we stopped as we walked that beach mid afetrnoon one Negril reach. I remember the service being horrid...almost non-existant. That was disappointing but not the basis for a strange vibe. The guy behind the bar just didn't seem glad to see us and his bad service reflected that. Didn't stay there long that day. Plenty of other very hospitible places to visit with great service.

Later that trip we went back in the early after dinner evening. Had some and beers hung with the locals. There was a mix of locals and tourists but more locals than tourists. There was a local named Dave there. Pretty nice fellow but was relentless in his efforts to get me to buy him a beer and to purchase kaya. I eventually did both just to get him off my back.

On another day we stopped there about midnight. The music was loud, the strobe lights were in full bloom and most of the people on the dance floor, including Dave, were strangely zombie like. Not sure what kinda drug does that but it wasn't alcohol or ganja. Got that gut feeling that things just aren't right here. Left, never to return.
    Last edited by Ruby; 09-21-2011 at 02:58 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    In this case, a tourist can be likened to a sheep and I can say no more as I don't like to talk bad about a Jamaican business as lord knows it is tough enough these days
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

don't bit ya tongue, mi fren
    ...spit it out
    ...tell it

if the business ~~~Jamaican, American, Canadian, Martian, whatever~~~ ain't running things *properly* then it should be made-known

it's 'tough' planet-wide these days, for every-body

biz-ness-wise, if times are 'tough' and you're doing things the wrong and/or improper way, then boss-man should clean-up his/her act(s) na tru
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Is this a recent thing ? Bourban Beach has always been my favourite of the beach bars. Ive been down with family and also with local friends too and always felt safe there. Is Tony still there, he guy who bring the drinks ?

User Info Menu

My experience dates back to 2007 - 2008. Never went there on my last reach in january 2011.

User Info Menu

I've seen many a great show at Bourbon Beach (and back in the day when it was DeBuss). I think the last time I was there was when the Mighty Diamonds played there - that was I think in 2005!

I never got a strange vibe there but then again, it's been six years since I've seen any music there - so the vibe very well might have changed.

User Info Menu

I have had a few good party nights at Bourbon beach and some nice chicken and sauce there too in saying that there is no good vybe or attitude from the staff there serving really apart from the one guy who goes into the audience to deliver drinks he is always helpful and polite but the rest of the staff never seem happy never eager to please , badly mixed drinks which prices fluctuate as when the staff feel like so mixed feelings on this one

User Info Menu

Not to contradict anyone's impressions, but BB is one of our regular lunch places each January and we're there 2 or 3 of our 10 days. In early afternoon it's usually quiet, but there's a waitress if you sit at a table and the service is OK. Mostly we just buy our chicken and chips at the counter, stop at the bar for a Red Stripe, and eat at the picnic tables. We don't usually do mixed drinks, so I can't comment on that. But the staff is as friendly as the staff at any fast food place at home.

Maybe they recognize us by now and know that we tip. :-)

I do know that we are recognized by a lot of Jamaicans in the area for two things: we always have books with us, so we sit down with our food and our books; and I pick up the trash before we eat, return empty bottles to the bar, etc. Some tourists litter inexcusably, and the Jamaicans are never in a hurry to clean up - but when you start picking up the empty bottles, you get some attention, because they want to make sure you aren't throwing them away or taking them with you!

User Info Menu

We stop at BBeach for jerk chicken and Stripes 2-3 days every visit in February and have never had any complaints or bad vibes - I leave my wife at the bar while I cash Travellers Checks at the place in front of BB on Norman Manley Blvd. ( which at times has taken 45 minutes to an hour) and the Mrs. has never mentioned experiencing discomfort/bad vibes while stranded there, and she would mention it if there were a hint of a problem

never been to a show there at night but BB has always seemed fine during our afternoon visits