Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crystal blue transformation of time and space

User Info Menu

Re: Crystal blue transformation of time and space

Thanks, glad you're liking the report- it was a great trip. Hussy: Tensing was taking it easy most of the time, just resting, although whenever we dined on the patio, he always came over to check it out.

Mike: Pork Pit is a good stop. I haven't tried Jerky's, maybe next time. Pork Pit was out of rice & peas, but had everything else; the ribs were well smoked but oddly covered in a sweet sauce. Both the jerk sauces were more chimichurries than sauces - very vinegary, but nice to try something different.

User Info Menu

I always seem to wake up a little earlier than expected in Jamaica, and the first morning was no exception. Quiet rustling of the sea and air; occasional dog, rooster or reggae sound, a nice way to arise.

First breakfast in Jamrock - "ev'ry time" - has gotta be ackee and saltfish. Tensing Pen kitchen does it up proper: served with callaloo and peppers, sweet fried plantains, and light, airy bammy, it's worth the wait. Peep it:

Name:  Ackee & Saltfish with Callaloo and Bammy.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  90.7 KB

Walked around Tensing property for a minute; seems much like remembered, and fairly well kept up. Greenery was more lush than our last visit, which was a few years ago January. Other guests were couples enjoying the property in their own way. Mid-70's, sunny with a few clouds, light breeze, the sea was slowly swaying.

We quickly identified this chill spot as just about perfect for the Long House Crew. Five loungers, perfectly perched clifftop with easy access to everything:

Name:  Clifftop Chillout Zone.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  92.8 KB

OK... sit down. Take a deep breath, move slowly, think quietly. Absorb the cerulean spectrum. This is otherwise known as a crystal blue transformation - the moment when you move to a different mode. Seems easy to pick up this flow in Jamaica.

Name:  Peaceful cliffs scene.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  79.0 KB

Now... sink deep. Deeper. Calm your mind, still your body. Open your eyes and point them in a new direction. You never know what you'll see!

Name:  Coral TP.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  95.1 KB

User Info Menu

WOW, love your pictures....Keem em coming!~!!!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

great trip report so far and your photos are exceptional!
    thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Enjoying your report. Especially pics of Tensing Pen! Headed back there in May, its been about 8 years since we stayed there and I"m sooo excited to be going back! I'll never forget my first morning there.... got up early, before sunrise, and sat on one of the outcroppings. It was so peaceful and beautiful that my eyes started to fill up. The guard on duty came over to me to ask if everything was ok.. haha..Yep... just overwhelmed with how lucky i was.

User Info Menu

Ask cook to make you mackerel run down with boiled banana for breakfast.

So jealous seeing these pics. Won't be back for months.

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody, glad you like the pix and report! Shell, totally know what you mean - such beautiful surroundings, it's easy to break down in gratitude. Hussy, I'll get boiled banana breakfast on the menu next time for sure.

Here's a quick vid of that stroll across the bridge and over to the chillout zone, so nice:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    Enjoying your report. Especially pics of Tensing Pen! Headed back there in May, its been about 8 years since we stayed there and I"m sooo excited to be going back! I'll never forget my first morning there.... got up early, before sunrise, and sat on one of the outcroppings. It was so peaceful and beautiful that my eyes started to fill up. The guard on duty came over to me to ask if everything was ok.. haha..Yep... just overwhelmed with how lucky i was.
    Hi Shell!
    We would be happy to welcoming you back in Jamaica on your next trip in May. Please call us if you need to arrange for your airport transfer to Negril. One or our drivers will pick you up and take care of you, bring some cool Red Stripes to welcome you and will cheer your trip to Negril with some good reggae music.
    You can learn more about us checking out our website and facebook pages.
    Owen
    Phone (876) 3624906
    email: crossjamaicatours@gmail.com
    www.crossjamaicatours.com

User Info Menu

Very nice report Mojomatic, love the pics.

User Info Menu

Love the bridge walk video
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick