Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idle Awhile, Coco & Charela

User Info Menu

Idle Awhile, Coco & Charela

Good Morning All! Because this winter has been sooooo long and cold, I can't get away from this site and everyone's great posting and pictures ( I am missing 3Dives lobster and Catcha's jerk penne pasta, and the ocean - I can keep going)! I am living thru you all and I love it, so thanks everyone! Here is my question, I never read too many postings on Idle Awhile but it looks really, really nice! Even though is on a great stretch of beach; Coco & Charela get most of the postings. Don't get me wrong, they both look and sound like wonderful properties, but Idle Awhile seems to have the nicest rooms. Am I missing something? I know it doesn't have a pool but I would love to hear what you all think so I can compare them all. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Idle Awhile, Coco & Charela

I'm at Idle Awhile now and its great!! The other properties look nice as well. I like the small size of Idle Awhile

User Info Menu

IA is so small, it's not going to get as many reviews. Stayed there for the first time this January, very nice place, the nicest rooms I've seen on the beach since Moondance closed.

User Info Menu

danthemanpurdue - I'm so jealous!!! Have a great time! Can't wait to hear your trip report?!! and
    Saeyedoc - I really liked the smallness of Catcha - it really felt like the staff (family) got to know you and we got to know them. I really don't like the real big resorts. Thanks guys!

User Info Menu

Getting married at charela in 3 weeks. I havent stayed there but we toured the grounds. Definitely nice.

User Info Menu

Thanks Flip. Congratulations!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jesswade View Post
    Thanks Flip. Congratulations!
    Thank you. Should be a great 2 weeks.

My buddies and I are going down on the same flight 3 days prior to the wedding and getting a cottage at yellow bird.

Rehearsal dinner at Tree House.

Wedding and 2 nights in the honeymoon suite at Charela.

5 nights in a villa in Port Antonio. (I am renting a car and we are doing the drive back and forth ourselves. Pray for us and our first challenge in our married life :-D)

Then 4 more nights in negril to finish it off. Hotel TBD

User Info Menu

Sounds like an exciting time! I've always wanted to try Treehouse as well. I remember our honeymoon, we went to Sandals Ocho Rios and although it was beautiful, we could have been anywhere in the world, there was no "Jamaica feel" - so I was so lucky to find this website and find Negril, we've never gone anywhere else.
    Best wishes again on your wedding!

User Info Menu

Saeyedoc,
    We were walking by Moondance yesterday afternoon and I wanted to show my wife. As I was walking up towards them, a nice lady who works for security came up to us and offered to show us around. she said the Couples (Issa) owners bought them and will start refurbishing them soon.

User Info Menu

Hopefully they won't price Moondance out of the market, like the previous owners. At double the cost of a place like Idle Awhile, it's difficult to justify the expense.