Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Idle Awhile, Coco & Charela

User Info Menu

Re: Idle Awhile, Coco & Charela

I will look into it, thank you so much. Is it straight thru or do you stop?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jesswade View Post
    I will look into it, thank you so much. Is it straight thru or do you stop?
    non stop. Paid 335 RT non stop per person for this upcoming trip.

User Info Menu

So much better than US AIR! Thanks again!

User Info Menu

Thats the second time someone has posted about Issa family buying Moondance. Hope its true! Since Lee Issa also owns Idle Awhile, and thats my favorite non a/i on the beach, I"ll be very interested in seeing what he, or Couples Corporataion, does with it. I"m heading to CSA next week.. Lee Issa or his son Abraham are often on property, I'll be sure to inquire about it if I see them.
    Oh and to the original question... Obviously my choice is Idle Awhile. I agree that the lower number of reviews is because its a smaller property.

User Info Menu

jesswade~ I'm flying on Southwest out of BWI for the first time next week. Also very much miss the AJ flight out of pHila. I"ll let you know how it goes!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jesswade View Post
    Hey Flip, Any secrets to flying out of Philly (I assume that's where you fly out of)? Ever since Air Jamaica left PHL, US Air seems so expensive. Thanks.
    I've looked into bwi, as well. The fares are tempting, however we live in Philly and can't justify the longer drive as we are only a 20 min. cab ride away from phl. US Air is the only game in town, so my secret is - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Sign up for the US Air frequent flyer program and their Mastercard (now being switched over to American). Aside from Jamaica, we usually fly to at least one other destination a year. And every year we rack up enough miles to for at least 1 ticket to mbj or 2 tickets to a domestic location. We always fly non stop. For our upcoming trip we actually had enough miles for 2 round trip tickets

Also, in 6 trips to mbj on US Air, we have never had any service issues. I think the issues some people have had are related to transfers at busy airports like mia. Flying non stop, we have always arrived at mbj on time, or early. Last trip, we beat our driver to the pick up spot.

User Info Menu

Please do Shell! Have a great time and I cant wait to read all of these trip reports (hint, hint)!

User Info Menu

After reading many posts, I think the major differences are, and please correct me if I'm wrong and/or please add too...Charela & Coco have pools, Idle Awhile the nicest rooms, Coco has continental breakfast and a little bit of an older crowd (?), nicest beach is Charela & Coco. Omgosh, I'm no closer, what a great dilemma to be in

User Info Menu

i took the Southwest Airline BWI direct flight last August and it was great. I am also taking this flight in a couple weeks. You can't beat the price and the fact its direct!! I rarely stay on the beach anymore (love the cliffs) but this time I am bringing my two boys 8 and 5 so i got a suite at IdleAwhile which I think is one of the top spots on the beach.

User Info Menu

Thanks Koolbreeze, I am a cliff girl as well, this will be our first beach trip. I'm so glad to learn about SW out of BWI! Enjoy!